Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Triton ProX 88 Pan function not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay21

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject: Triton ProX 88 Pan function not working Reply with quote

I have an odd issue that emerged recently. When I attempt to adjust pan settings - in any function (combi, program, sequencer, etc) the screen dial moves normally but there is NO CHANGE in the sound location.
Everything else works perfectly. I reloaded factory settings - no change. Memory protect is off - I can find nothing logical that would interfere with the normal operation.
Has anyone here heard of this issue? Assistance would be greatly appreciated. I have been stuck in Cambodia for over a year and this keyboard is my link to sanity.
Thanks for any guidance provided.

JC
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the audio path in stereo all the way from keyboard to ears? Is it possible the L & R signals have been shorted? - check the audio cables and plugs for damage or incorrect insertion. Is there a mono/stereo switch on the amplifier/PA system that might have inadvertently been switched? Do the sounds have a good stereo effect, especially when wearing headphones?

Jay21

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello - Thanks for your reply. Interesting that you mentioned headphones. I usually go through a DB-48 to a either the headphone amp or powered monitors.
For some reason I plugged in headphones to the front jack on the keyboard and at that point noticed the reported issue. I checked every point on the audio path - no changes and all OK. Verified memory protect was off for prog and combi.
I then decided to do a backup and reload from the factory disk. At that point I also changed reset to memorize in Global Settings then wrote to memory.
I then checked through the monitors and headphone and all pan/volume changes worked normally. I am also sure that resetting Global was superstitious behavior - no logical reason that would have any effect at all.
So the issue now is what my front phone jack doesn't reflect changes that are are audible on the monitors and phone amp. To be honest I can't remember the last time I used the front jack before last night.
Thanks again for the good information. I really appreciate it. Now I'm wanting to know how my front jack went rogue! It's just weird.
Any ideas you have about that would be welcome and appreciated. I like odd problems and this qualifies. For now I'm content to stick with my original routine.
Thanks VOIP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: