Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prologue Librarian does not connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joe72

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 3:53 pm    Post subject: Prologue Librarian does not connect Reply with quote

Hi!

I have a brand new Korg Prologue, which I was able to update to the last OS version.
I am using Cubase Artist 11 under Windows 10, all updates installed.
No issues with the Prologue in Cubase so far.

The Korg Prologue Librarian won't connect anymore (after it did so for some days). The error message is:
"Timeout. Please check the MIDI port settings in the Librarian."

In the preferences, Midi In is "prologue 1 Midi In" and Midi Out is "prologue 1 Midi Out".

Judging from a lot of Googling, these problems are very common and have been so for many years. But unfortunately, I was not able to find a solution.

I feel disheartened and am afraid I have to return the Prologue.
Any ideas are most welcome.

Thanks!
kusho

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Prologue Librarian does not connect Reply with quote

joe72 wrote:
Hi!

I have a brand new Korg Prologue, which I was able to update to the last OS version.
I am using Cubase Artist 11 under Windows 10, all updates installed.
No issues with the Prologue in Cubase so far.

The Korg Prologue Librarian won't connect anymore (after it did so for some days). The error message is:
"Timeout. Please check the MIDI port settings in the Librarian."

In the preferences, Midi In is "prologue 1 Midi In" and Midi Out is "prologue 1 Midi Out".

Judging from a lot of Googling, these problems are very common and have been so for many years. But unfortunately, I was not able to find a solution.

I feel disheartened and am afraid I have to return the Prologue.
Any ideas are most welcome.

Thanks!

Just copying my reply from another thread:

Fortunately someone has found a workaround solution.
Tim Shoebridge has made a very clear video showing how to solve this issue.
You will discover that the USB MIDI driver is not to be found on the Prologue downloads page. You can download it from the minilogue XD page, it's the same driver. Just follow the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVy2aqQm3U8

Essentially the Korg Midi Driver needs Korg's device to be in the first 10 slots of available USB MIDI ports in Windows. This is a holdover from Windows XP days. The Uninstall application makes it easy to change USB MIDI slot in the registry used by the Korg device. I guess that's why they made this application, so they know it's an issue but they are being lazy about it.
Just be careful not to uninstall the wrong thing or you'll need to reinstall your driver for that device.
I think you can safely uninstall anything called 'USB Audio Device' because that's a class compliant device which uses native Windows drivers so no installation is needed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: