Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos is the best!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
samk323

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 6:14 am    Post subject: Kronos is the best! Reply with quote

So, I don’t know if it’s me or what but I just love the Kronos. I bought a Korg Kronos 2, from a friend for $2,100. He had it for 2 months, brand new decided to sell it to me with sounds and everything.

Now i’m a drummer/percussionist, but I do play keyboard on the side. Not a professional at it, but I can play. I’ve tried Roland’s Yamaha’s. Don’t get me wrong, they’re great but the Kronos is just a different level for me. With the engines, and the sounds and it’s capatibilites, it’s just something else. I also own a Korg Pa1000, great keyboard but I’ll upgrade when they release a newer version of the Pa4x.

I do agree, the Kronos is a complicated keyboard and takes time to learn, but what it’s capable, it’s on another level.

Agree or disagree? What are your thought’s on the Kronos?
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played and owned quite a few keyboards with the years and when it was time about five years ago to upgrade, after trying all the best machines from all brands the Kronos 2 was by far the one I preferred. To me it is still the most powerful and versatile keyboard available. Near infinite possibilities and it's also a complete sampler.

I also did a few mods on mine to compensate its few imperfections, including an adjustable angle screen. I also create new sounds and sample sets for it. It is simply a joy to play and work on every time I turn it on, even after 5 years.
samk323

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed,

It's truly a great and powerful keyboard! I'm happy with my purchase, and don't think I would have wanted anything else.
kronosflyby

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, it is still today ...

Smile

Try my tool :

https://kronosflyby.myweb2be.com Very Happy
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my Kronos and Wavestate as they give me a different sound to my Yamaha boards.

My current hardware rig (not counting all the old classics) is Montage 7, Kronos, Wavestate, Sequential Prophet X and Novation Summit. That is a lot of sonic fire-power!

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using many keyboards from many brands since 70's.
After some times without playing any kb, I've bought the Kronos 2.

The K2 is definitly a great KB, very comprehensive and powerful.
After some years, I have completed with other kind of synthesis : analog, semi-modular, etc... and more recently with the Yamaha Montage.

Even though the Kronos is absolutely great, and despite all the great available sounds banks, I've found some better sounds in the Montage (guitar, saxophones, for example).

But, I would have to give an advice for the best workstation, no doubt it would be the Kronos.
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both the Montage 7 (replacing my old EX5) and Kronos X61 as my main boards, and I think they complement each other really well.

I'm not interested in workstation features. It is sound quality and live set/set list features that matter to me, and both do really well on that count - ither than the stupid fact on the Montage that you cannot select the bank via MIDI - you still have to set that manually.

The Kronos has way more sound engines, but the Montage does well with "just" the two that it has, but Kronos engines like CX-3 will kick the Montage's arse when it comes to specific types of sounds like organs.

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
engineerjoel

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Cook wrote:

I'm not interested in workstation features. It is sound quality and live set/set list features that matter to me, and both do really well on that count - ither than the stupid fact on the Montage that you cannot select the bank via MIDI - you still have to set that manually.

Yes, if patch change of the Montage is the same as the S80/S90/Motif series keyboards, you can change banks via midi. Typcial Yamaha settings:
MSB=63, LSB=0,1,2,3,4, etc... gives you the banks.
MSB=63, LSB=65. performance,

Hope that helps.
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

engineerjoel wrote:
Derek Cook wrote:

Yes, if patch change of the Montage is the same as the S80/S90/Motif series keyboards, you can change banks via midi. Typcial Yamaha settings:
MSB=63, LSB=0,1,2,3,4, etc... gives you the banks.
MSB=63, LSB=65. performance,

Hope that helps.

Hi, I am afraid that won't work on the Montage. There is a fixed MSB for Livesets (not a live set) so you can only change pages in a live set bank. Not a deal breaker, but a little frustrating. I have requested that they address it via idea scale, but I am not holding my breath.

My Echoes Music Website
trancedelicbluesman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos is the best! Reply with quote

samk323 wrote:
What are your thought’s on the Kronos?

I wanted one when they first came out but eventually decided on a software based approach.

However I have definitely been in the market for a weighted controller so when I saw my K2 88 on sale for such a very good price I realized I was meant to have one after all. It covers so many bases so very well and I am extremely happy with it.

Now I don't feel any pressing need for virtual piano, organ, EP, FM or sampler instruments. I would like to get Kontakt and Arturia Pigments, but at the present time that's about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: