Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weird errors with microkorg with Fl studio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaBurns98

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 6:37 pm    Post subject: Weird errors with microkorg with Fl studio Reply with quote

Hi, I am using a microkorg with Fl studio. Sometimes when playing a patch on the microkorg I get notes that randomly go on forever, every so often (maybe 1 in 20 notes I play). Also when I record and listen back to midi notes the decay on the patch sounds weird and has this watery sound, when I don't have decay on it never happens.
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

MIDI loopback issue, or MIDI master clock issue?

Quick experiment:
1. Unplug the MIDI IN on the mK and record notes in FL. Do you get the randomly forever notes?
2. After step 1, plug back the MIDI IN and replay the MIDI notes to the mK. What happens now with decay?

MIDI Loopback can be the following: you push a key on the mK. The sound plays, the note goes over MIDI out to FL, who loops it back to the mK via MIDI in, triggering the note again. From time to time it goes wrong with the MIDI note release event (mix up) causing hanging notes. This can not explain at first sight the watery sound.

Do you record both the audio and the MIDI of the mK in FL? Maybe at playback, you hear the recorded audio mixed with the audio generated on the mK by the MIDI notes. So twice the same, but with a slight delay.

MIDI master clock issue. Who is the master in your setup? If it is FL, you better switch the mK to External clock. Note that in step 1, I ask to try with unplugging the MIDI IN. If FL is the master, then its clock does no longer reach the mK. If the latter one is then in external mode, the mK has no clock and things like the arpeggiator won't work anymore.

Have fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: