Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions about James Tubbritt's INFINITY update - help!?!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ulrichburke

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 8:07 am    Post subject: Questions about James Tubbritt's INFINITY update - help!?! Reply with quote

Dear Anyone.

Got directed here because I got told Mr. Tubbritt runs these forums and I've got his lovely Infinity, which I think is some of the best free sounds out there.

Thing is - he said he's updated to Infinty 3. So I downloaded the zips - but when I looked inside them, it just says Infinity. I'm not very synth intelligent - which is why I love the Infinity Original, it just plays a collection of great sounds, you don't have to program anything - but here's the question.

If I put the new Infinity .DLL in the VST folder, because it has the same name as the old one, it'll replace the old one, am I correct? Will I lose the use of all the old one's sounds because the .DLL's been replaced? If 'YES' to that, would it be OK to rename the old one 'Infinity 1' OR the new one 'Infinity 3' just so one way or another I can keep the use of the sounds I already have? Or can the new one use the old one's sounds AS WELL AS its own new sounds?

Here's the other question I've got which is really about the old one cos I never worked this one out and I know I'm being dumbass. When I load the old one into my DAW, it automatically generates 16 tracks. Which I thought was wonderful the first time it did it, thought I could use 16 sounds at once and create multis like a Korg M1 (which I have as a VST!) Except I can't find a way to load up more than one sound at once in the Infinity, even though I can clearly see 16 tracks staring at me. Can do it in the M1 because there's a list of slots down the left, as you know, and you just choose a sound for each slot and set the MIDI outs. How do you do that with the Tubbritt Infinity? Or if not, what are the other 15 channels for?

Please be gentle with the amount of techiness in the answers - I'm lost enough with all the tech. side of this stuff as it is. But I can use the Korg M1 pretty well so if the Infinity works like that with its multitimbrality somehow, point out how I put the second-third-up-to-16th sounds in one instance of it?

Yours puzzledly

Chris.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: