Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Idiots Guide - How to play along with a MIDI sequence

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alanjpearson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:38 pm    Post subject: Idiots Guide - How to play along with a MIDI sequence Reply with quote

Please help me with this, I have created a MIDI sequence in SEQ mode and it plays fine when loaded and plays perfectly, but how do I set up to play along with it?
I only need to play a piano patch without changing patches.

Step by step please, assume nothing, I just haven’t figured this out!

Thanks in advance!

R
Alan

www.losendos.co.uk
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could help. Please contact me on mail contact@danstesco.ro and will talk. Also we could contact on Skype or Zoom.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much info to go on. Is this MIDI sequence basically a Kronos Song? Is the piano Timbre in question present in the song Play/Rec | MIDI/Prog Mixer tab screen?

alanjpearson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
Not much info to go on. Is this MIDI sequence basically a Kronos Song? Is the piano Timbre in question present in the song Play/Rec | MIDI/Prog Mixer tab screen?

Yes, it’s saved as a Kronos song. I haven’t set up the piano patch yet

www.losendos.co.uk
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so load the Song and add the piano Timbre of interest to a Timbre slot that is not being used for the Sequenced part of the Song itself.

On the Song main screen, ensure that the onscreen button below the piano Timbre name is set to Play, then go to the Track Parameter | MIDI tab and note the MIDI channel number for this Timbre. Ensure that the Status parameter for the Timbre is set to INT or BTH. Now, below the Song name, use the dropdown to select the MIDI channel to be played. Hopefully the piano Timbre will now be playable from the keyboard.

The piano may sound different to how it sounds in Program mode, because the effects are likely to be different, or the Timbre may not be routed through any effects. If that's the case, the Piano Timbre will need to be routed through the appropriate effects, and the effects fine tuned for the desired sound.

Save the Song, and then press the Sequencer Start/Stop button. The Song should start playing, and it should be possible to play along.

alanjpearson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, many thanks, I’ll give it a try👍

www.losendos.co.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: