Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EK-50 IN - No sound from keys on restart [Answered]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alphonsoaadmi

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 7:14 am    Post subject: EK-50 IN - No sound from keys on restart [Answered] Reply with quote

I am seeing this issue for a couple of days now (not sure what changed) on my keyboard EK-50 IN (Indian version of EK-50).

The keys seem to go on mute after I restart the keyboard. If I have the sync start ON, then the keys do trigger the background styles, but themselves fail to make any sound.

There is a workaround (fortunately): Things go back to normal after I press the dedicated "grand piano" button.

I checked online and found no help. I checked the settings and the only relevant setting "local control" is set to ON. So that is not the issue either.

I am sure it's software / setting issue as otherwise things could not have worked after pressing grand piano button, but I can't figure out what it is.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by alphonsoaadmi on Tue May 04, 2021 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
alphonsoaadmi

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turned out it was a setting that my 7-year-old had inadvertently changed. I could not figure it out, but he finally did! (I can sleep peacefully now Wink).

He had changed the "Pedal Function" setting to "Expression" from the default value of "Damper".

It's weird that this should cause the issue I was seeing. Looks like a bug to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG EK Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: