Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nano Control Studio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject: Nano Control Studio Reply with quote

Does the Nautilus support this nano control studio usb device?

And how and what can i bind to the keys?
I would love to see this part of the interface..
ITguy54

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would prefer Korg came out with a new one with 9 sliders, so it can easily be used as drawbar controllers on the Nautilus.
polux

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Nano Control Studio Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
Does the Nautilus support this nano control studio usb device?

And how and what can i bind to the keys?
I would love to see this part of the interface..

I think yes, from korg usa:
Quote:
Any class-compliant USB-MIDI controller can be connected directly to the NAUTILUS. Assign functions to a Korg USB MIDI controller with pads (nanoPAD, nanoPAD2, padKONTROL) to play drum parts.
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this to work at least as well as the Nord buttons and almost as well as the Vox Continental LEDs. DRAG ACROSS DRAWBARS needs to be selected.

https://youtu.be/XLKHm6AKZGI

With the programmable Quick Access buttons, you can program it so you can get to the drawbar page with a single button press from Set List, then another button press gets you back to Set List. Of course in Program Mode you can just touch the graphic of the drawbars to get to the Drawbar Page. One advantage of this method is that you have access to the lower drawbars as well. something that isn't possible on the Kronos with the sliders.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, on the Kronos the sliders are typically set to control KARMA functions as most programs default to RT KNOBS/KARMA mode. Only CX-3 Programs default to TONE ADJ/EQ which allows the sliders to act as upper manual drawbars. Yes, people do use the sliders in other modes to control levels etc. but in RT KNOBS/KARMA mode there are only four User Assignable Knobs. With the Nautilus, there are six User Assignable Knobs.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burningbusch wrote:
I found this to work at least as well as the Nord buttons and almost as well as the Vox Continental LEDs. DRAG ACROSS DRAWBARS needs to be selected.

With the programmable Quick Access buttons, you can program it so you can get to the drawbar page with a single button press from Set List, then another button press gets you back to Set List. Of course in Program Mode you can just touch the graphic of the drawbars to get to the Drawbar Page. One advantage of this method is that you have access to the lower drawbars as well. something that isn't possible on the Kronos with the sliders.

Busch.

The video is set to private, i am unable to view it.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burningbusch wrote:

Busch.

burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:

Should work now.

Busch.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burningbusch wrote:
Bachus wrote:

Should work now.

Busch.

Thank you, i was able to view it..

So this should probably work on the Nautilus too?
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be wisest to just add both a Nano komtrol 2 and a Nano pad 2..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: