Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Missing samples memory bug?? - OS 3.1.3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danimal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:47 pm    Post subject: Missing samples memory bug?? - OS 3.1.3 Reply with quote

It appears I discovered a way to lock up my Kronos 2 88 OS v 3.1.3 by incrementally using the "load required samples" option beyond the available memory.

In my case, these are patches using the EXs3 library, which I purposely opted to not include in my KSC Auto-load. There are still a handful of patches which are still in my Preload that will say "Samples Not Loaded." My typical workaround when this happens is to use the option to only load the required samples.

This appears to work fine until I load too many. What I would expect is a message telling me loading will end up being beyond the availble memory, but I don't get any warning message nor does it appear to be more than what is available. Regardless it just stops responding after attempting to load the missing files on any preset that reaches the limit.

Reboot and its fine.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This does indeed appear to be an OS bug on the Kronos, and has perhaps been carried over to the Nautilus, too.

The Kronos OS doesn't seem to keep track of the loaded samples size when the "load required samples" option is used. The available memory figure remains at the same value, regardless of how many required samples loads are performed, until the available memory is full (based on keeping a mental track of the total size of all the required samples that have been loaded), at which point the Kronos locks up and requires a reboot.

This is a bug, and it would be nice to see it fixed.

KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This doesn't happen on mine. Simply install 3.1.4.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This occurs using OS v3.1.4.

As an example, I have 270MB available memory, and load 18MB of missing samples. Keyboard plays OK. Now load a different Program, again with missing samples, 17MB in this case, no problems. Available memory still showing 270MB. I can repeat this numerous times in a session, until the total size of the missing samples loaded exceeds 270MB, at which point the leyboard freezes when playing the first note.

Here's a more specific example, with EXs11 Legendary Strings, which are not included in the KSC Auto Load for this particular setup, because of insufficient memory space. I'm left with 270MB of available memory. I can get as far as loading the required samples for all the EXs11 Programs, starting at 000 Stradivari Legato, up as far as Program 043, and the Kronos is fine. When I go to Program 044, and perform a load missing samples, giving a total 276.3MB of missing samples loaded, the keyboard locks, and needs a reboot. It is a repeatable phenomenon.

If I try to load the entire sample bank, the total space required exceeds the available memory, and the option to load is greyed out. The Kronos does not seem to keep track of the true available memory, and doesn't perform the same checks on loading the required samples for individual Programs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: