Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

help me, how can I make connection of Ek50 to my PC [solved]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
teoman_

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:53 pm    Post subject: help me, how can I make connection of Ek50 to my PC [solved] Reply with quote

hello, I just bought ek50. and I cannot connect it to my computer. I have Behringer UMC 204 audio interface. Still, can't connect the device to my PC. I don't want to use the midi connection. I want to hear the original sounds of my Ek50 on the PC.
Im using Cubase pro and reason+ (trial)yet still cannot connect analog sounds of my device.
Audio interface driver, Cubase and reason+ don't recognize my device. Help me, please. How can I make communicate Korg Ek50 with PC properly?

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post

Finally, I solved the problem. It was caused by the volume wheel of Korg Ek50. Weird but it is true. omg, how I'm silly!! The volume wheel not only affects the sound that comes from speakers but also affects output mono/stereo lines. I just rise a little bit of volume and the problem solved. Now I can easily record the original sounds of Korg Ek50.
Anyway, thank you...

Last edited by teoman_ on Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mitzie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll need software like DAW and an Audio Interface device between the keyboard and the PC for recording. If you want to play instrument programs (VSTs virtual Sound Technology) like Miditzer etc.. you connect your keyboard to the pc via a USB cable and play the virtual sounds in the program directly from the keyboard
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:58 am    Post subject: korg Reply with quote

you have cubase ..
now you need th down load the usb drivers .. and a usb cable..
here a link for the drivers ..

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/driver/1/285/3541/
teoman_

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: korg Reply with quote

duby2 wrote:
you have cubase ..
now you need th down load the usb drivers .. and a usb cable..
here a link for the drivers ..

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/driver/1/285/3541/

Oh wait a minute I forgot to mention I can connect the device on USB midi port to Cubase. but I cant hear the natural sounds of EK50. The only sounds that I heard are Cubase's digital sounds Such as; acoustic piano, cello, violin etc.
The question is how can I connect the device using mono/sterio outputs?
My audio interface doesn't detect EK50 on mono/stereo analog cables. I don't know what am I am doing wrong?
teoman_

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitzie wrote:
You'll need software like DAW and an Audio Interface device between the keyboard and the PC for recording. If you want to play instrument programs (VSTs virtual Sound Technology) like Miditzer etc.. you connect your keyboard to the pc via a USB cable and play the virtual sounds in the program directly from the keyboard

I have an audio interface Behringer UMC204HD. and Im using Cubase. Yet as I said Cubase doesn't recognize Ek50 on analog mono/stereo cables.
teoman_

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, I solved the problem. It was caused by the volume wheel of Korg Ek50. Weird but it is true. omg, how I'm silly!! The volume wheel not only affects the sound that comes from speakers but also affects output mono/stereo lines. I just rise a little bit of volume and the problem solved. Now I can easily record the original sounds of Korg Ek50.
Anyway, thank you...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG EK Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: