Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keep your Triton Extemes!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommyboy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:41 pm    Post subject: Keep your Triton Extemes! Reply with quote

I posted in the Krome forum about my experience. I just got a Krome Ex after the unfortunate event of 'losing' my triton extreme. What a mistake.
If you've been thinking of upgrading, don't get the Krome ex. The only thing better in the Krome vs Triton, is the nicer screen and screen functionality, the drums are awesome, and well, that is it. The Triton Ext. is way better at everything else and even the Fantom X I had was nicer than the Krome.
I'm really saddened about it all. One thing I liked about the Triton, was although the acoustic guitars are crap vs even the cheapest of yamaha keyboards, I could load a sample from my usb thumb drive in just seconds as opposed to having to shut down the Krome, remove the stupid sd card and put new samples on it (don't get me started on why new keyboards still use a camera card!) and turn the krome on again so it can boot up (50 seconds) and then load samples. I'm so frustrated right now. Take a lesson from me, if you're going to upgrade from Tr.Ex, get a yamaha or get a flagship model of korg like the kronos or oasys.
wheresgrant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't agree more. The Triton Extreme is by far my favorite workstation to come out of Korg. The Extreme HI synthesis has a unique tonality and the sheer number of usable patches just makes the Extreme a winner across the board. Unfortunately mine bit the dust after a decade of gigging. I upgraded to the M3... and HATED IT. I have two Kronos now and It is a leap above the Triton but there is something so interesting about the Triton sound architecture that I picked up a MicroX for some of my favorite GoTo patches.

Krome is just a low cost alternative to the Kronos and a retread of the M series soundsets. If you can't nab a used Extreme... shoot for a Nautilus or Kronos used.
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know I think part of it was there was a lot of focus on sound design back in the 1998-2008 era. You had professionals who really knew their stuff delivering the preset sounds, and you had amateurs collaborating and learning how to make some great sounds and contributing those back to the community.

160 Mb of sample ROM, which seems paltry by today's standards, wasn't really a hindrance to making great sounds. But it did help that you understand the upside-down and inside-out of HI synthesis, the internal effects, and how to use them for what purpose. I'm still amazed at some of the programs I come across and wonder how did they do that? And the answer is right there when you menu dive into the program and effects. A lot of expert knowledge and creativity in play.
studio429

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bitterly regret selling my Extreme 61. I have two Kronos which are great, but I really should have held onto it as it would have complimented it and could have done some small shows with it. Prices on used Extreme's seem to be rising too!

One of the top UK female fronted rock / pop covers bands

Kronos 88 / Kronos 73
Tommyboy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:24 am    Post subject: keep your extremes...got another one! Reply with quote

Well, I did manage to find another 76 key Extreme.
I'm pretty busy and going through a midlife crisis I think, so I haven't been playing it much lately, but it's nice to know it's there when I need it and can do everything I want it to.
Thanks for the replies, made me feel better!
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: keep your extremes...got another one! Reply with quote

Tommyboy wrote:
Well, I did manage to find another 76 key Extreme.
I'm pretty busy and going through a midlife crisis I think, so I haven't been playing it much lately, but it's nice to know it's there when I need it and can do everything I want it to.
Thanks for the replies, made me feel better!

Welcome back to the fold! What's old is new again.
magilla66

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm selling my TEX88 to make room for my new Kronos 2 73-key. I've come to realize that while I love playing and practicing on the TEX88, I'm no longer as eager to gig with it, especially with our schedule starting to get busier. I needed something lighter, as powerful as the TEX88 (or better), and reasonably affordable; if it doesn't sell after a month or two, I'll just tell the wife nobody wanted it at the price I was willing to sell it, so rather than take a huge loss I'll just keep it for a while longer and test the market again later.
Korg Module/Module Pro
Nektar Panorama T6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: