Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Kross 1 Tabletop Version???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:26 pm    Post subject: Korg Kross 1 Tabletop Version??? Reply with quote

Good Afternoon (at least here in the states)...

As most of you know from my previous posts, I own 4 Korg Kross 1 synths. Two are 61-key models and two are 88-key models.

One of the 88-key units is giving me fits again and so I had to order more contact strips. This was the unit that I had sent off to repair (for months) because when I bought it, it was full of cat hair and not in good condition at all.

I opened up the unit today and noticed that the repair company that Guitar Center sent it to for repair did a TERRIBLE job. There was still lots of hair, the main keybed PCB is filthy and there were screws missing or replaced with bigger screws than what should have been there.

I ordered more contact strips from Syntaur so I will have a full set of strips for the entire 88-keys (7 12-contact strips and 1 4-contact strip).

Upon further investigation of the unit, I started thinking about maybe just turning this particular unit into a tabletop model instead.

The main question I have is about the termination of the keybed wiring that plugs into the keybed itself from the PCB. I currently have the keybed unhooked from the main PCB so I could get a bit deeper into the internals of the keybed.

I turned the Kross on and never saw an error about the keybed not being attached. My next step is to hook up an external controller and try to play the Kross (with its unattached/unplugged keybed) from the external keyboard.

The back of the keyboard with the connections is on a separate piece that can be removed from the case, so I do not think I will have a problem in that regard. I may also be able to fit the power supply internally and simply run an IEC type cable instead of the wall wart on the outside of the unit.

Any advice/recommendations? Has anyone done this before? I checked the Forums in the past, but never saw anything this specific.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: