Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with Multi Mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blobfish

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:18 pm    Post subject: Help with Multi Mode Reply with quote

Hi. I apologize in advance if I misunderstood "testing this forum" to mean "ask questions and see if the forum members know the answers"... I'm new and not entirely sure where to put this question.

I have a Korg N1 and I still have the manual (22 years later) and obviously there's a lot of software advances since I bought it.

I am very very new to music production and I don't know how to ask what it is I want to do, so I'm going to give a simplified example and hopefully you can interpret what I'm attempting! Smile

Imagine Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

Let's say I want to make a version of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star with:
1. Melody
2. Countermelody
3. Percussion

I can record each part as a midi track into something like Ableton and if I use VSTs, I can make this song just fine.

But I want to use the multitimbral voices of the N1 and route all the midi files into the N1 to be played (and recorded) so that it sounds better than the free VSTs.

As far as I can tell from the manual, I need to be in Multi-Mode, but the manual is kind of limited in teaching me how to actually use it. I can get into it, but I am very confused while navigating it.

Any help would be most appreciated!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: