Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos-MAC-Mainstage-Auto Sampling help needed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arizona Sage

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:46 pm    Post subject: Kronos-MAC-Mainstage-Auto Sampling help needed Reply with quote

Hi everyone.

I usually use my Kronos X88 locally when the gigs are close enough for me to travel by car but we've got a few fly dates coming up in the next few months that require me to spec a Kronos at the venues in our rider. I have heard of the Auto Sampling feature in Mainstage which is supposed to be able to sample your hardware synth patches & combis. My goodness, that would be amazing and help me transfer my beloved and carefully crafted Kronos sounds to my Mac via Mainstage's Auto Sampling functionality.

I, however am not very well versed in the MIDI language and am having a hard time getting this done. Has anyone else tried this and been successful? I can get the Kronos to sound in Mainstage and Logic, but the Auto Sampling isn't working. Not sure if it's as simple as what MIDI channel I'm selecting, or the routing.

My setup is: Kronos USB ---> Audio Interface via Thunderbolt USB---> Macbook Pro.

I have local control "on" and MIDI ch 1 in Global Settings on the Kronos. (Local Control set to "off" when I'm using Mainstage/Omnisphere/Keyscape sounds with the Kronos as a controller).

I would appreciate any help or guidance here. I've watched a few YouTube videos but they all seem to gloss over the MIDI portion and instead focus on the Auto Sampling part. I can't be the only one wanting to do this, can I?

Kronos X88 OS 3.04
Mainstage/Omnisphere/Keyscape/Korg VST/M- Audio/Keylab controllers
Kemper Stage
PRS/Charvel/Jackson/Gretsch/Gibson guitars
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: