Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Program change messages query

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adamcw89

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:04 pm    Post subject: Program change messages query Reply with quote

Hi, I am using a Korg Nanokontrol2 to control an iPad app. I am not using a DAW, it is straight into the app. I also have a PC for editing the Nanokontrol, but these changes would need to remain when only connected to the iPad.

I would like to be able to send Program Change messages by pressing a button on the Nanokontrol2. For example, one button to send Program Change #001, another button to send Program change #002, and so on.

The Korg editing software does not allow you to assign program change messages to the buttons.

If anyone can please explain if it is possible to do this I would be very grateful - please use the most basic explanations as I am not very familiar with Midi! From my research online it seems like there might be third party software / downloads that could do it, but I thought I'd ask first - fingers crossed!

Many thanks,
Adam
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

As you correctly figured it out, it is NOT possible to send program change messages with Nanokontrol2.

You will need to look for an App on the iPad to do remapping/processing incoming CC messages from the Nanokontrol2 into a program change messages, that get forwarded to your instrument app. I can not help you further on such an app.
Adamcw89

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks very much for taking the time to reply. That makes sense, I will look for an app to do that. I just wondered if there was a way to 'hard-code' the program change message to the Nanokontrol, but clearly that isn't possible.
Best wishes,
Adam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: