Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WaveState and OPSIX not recognised together in Ableton !!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alphacode909

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject: WaveState and OPSIX not recognised together in Ableton !!! Reply with quote

There is a BIG issue here.

If someone is an Ableton Live user they can't use Wavestate, Opsix nor future Modwave together as all 3 are only recognized as Generic USB MIDI in ableton and you can select only one in the tracks , before anyone mention this to be a Live problem, No... EVERY other synth is recognized properly !

I changed the device name even in the registry and it still does not work. (Win10).
kaimanblue

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: WaveState and OPSIX not recognised together in Ableton ! Reply with quote

alphacode909 wrote:
There is a BIG issue here.

If someone is an Ableton Live user they can't use Wavestate, Opsix nor future Modwave together as all 3 are only recognized as Generic USB MIDI in ableton and you can select only one in the tracks , before anyone mention this to be a Live problem, No... EVERY other synth is recognized properly !

I changed the device name even in the registry and it still does not work. (Win10).

Hi Alphacode909

I joined the forum now, because I read that you have the same problem as me. I use wavestate and opsix with cubase on windows 10, and if they are both connected only one of the two synths works. I tried to reinstall and configure the RNDIS, I tried to assign two different addresses to the two connections. I assigned two different IDs to the synthesizers, but I didn't get any results. I'm afraid it's a bug, a big bug, because then you can't use both synthesizers on the same sequencer. If the two librarians are opened at the same time, they work correctly. Cubase sees a single driver called "Generic USB midi" even though there are two RNDS connections.
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you both try to set the system ID from one or the other to a different number than the other one??

(on the synth: in system setup menu > system ID)
kaimanblue

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RC-IA wrote:
Did you both try to set the system ID from one or the other to a different number than the other one??

(on the synth: in system setup menu > system ID)

Yes, i did, but w/o any results.

I did many tests on the connection (changing the address of the two RNDIS connections), I tried to change the IDs of wavestate and opsix, and finally I tested the problem with the "midiOX" software to monitor the midi data flow. The problem persists because the two synthesizers conflict on the same USB midi port. (windows 10 recognizes only one "generic USB" even if there are two RNDIS connections). I reported the problem to Korg, who in thanking me for the report, and took note of the problem and added it to the list of bug reports. These days the engineers are discussing it, and i'm waiting for an answer.
Barbax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey
After much tinkering I managed to use both my Opsix and my Wavestate on my Windows 10. It works with both Midi-OX and Ableton (and I guess every other DAW).

It is kind of a manual process, and it requires you to run a regedit file after you start your instruments. Again, not great, but at least I can work with that, so I figured I would share. I also would like to add that it is in general a bad idea to run regedit script from strangers on the internet, you've been warned Smile

Here is the regedit file:

Code:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaCategories\{fc57598c-3d12-463b-a72f-a5bf64c86eba}]
"Name"="Korg OpSix"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaCategories\{fc57598c-3d11-463b-a72f-a5bf64c86eba}]
"Name"="Korg Wavestate"

1. Put that in a file named korg.reg (the name is not important, but the extension is)
2. Each time you start your instruments (or even one of them if you want to use only one but enjoy having a proper name instead of "Generic USB MIDI") double click on this .reg file. It will ask you to elevate your privileges, then tell you that registering random reg files can be bad for your system, etc. I guarantee it is safe but do it at your own peril.
3. Enjoy proper naming in your favorite DAW/Midi software.

The reason you have to do it each time is that when you start your instrument, for some reason the name get overwritten with "Generic USB MIDI". This script just overwrite it again with a proper name.
I hope it can help somebody until Korg dev team come up with a proper solution!

Cheers
dave dave

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not an ableton issue, its a windows 10 issue. i have the same using presonus studio one.

i cant even update the firmware because the updater says "not connected"

i cant add the 3rd party sound banks i purchased because it says "not connected"

there are complaints about similar issues with other korg synths going back to 2019 and korg doesnt reply to any of them so i dont think there is going to be a fix any time soon. im getting a refund
Barbax

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also using Windows 10.
I managed to get both firmware updated (and have both librarian working too) by:
1. Updating Windows 10 to the last version.
2. Following *exactly* the steps described in the updater pdf (opsix_Updater_E.pdf for opsix, I don't remember the name for the wavestate), especially the "Part 2: RNDIS configuration" part. You have to do *both* for both synthetizers to work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg opsix / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: