Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where is the PA5X?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robkeith

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:15 pm    Post subject: Where is the PA5X? Reply with quote

Hi, gotta say loved the PA4x but went to the Genos for a number of reasons and I’ve been very happy with it. Yes the vocaliser not as good but I have no doubt that the increased polyphony in the Genos enabled better samples and definition in no fade out of sounds when using multiples of them.
now I’m sure that Korg must b working on an update to the PA4X and it will have to be unbelievably good for me to make the change back to Korg. Ps, I hope that’s a dream come true. But, it seems everything in the Korg range has been updated some even twice but no new PA5X?.
So I’m excited to see what Korg may come up with, let’s hope it is soon.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think it,s far away!

It,s around the corner

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this leak in this link is true??? Then maybe you will not have to wait much longer.... http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=124271&sid=97c6870157ecf9120cc3a9e79328cf40
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If this leak in this link is true??? Then maybe you will not have to wait much longer

This "leak" is yet another rumour and NOT from any official Korg source. This strange unofficial video of an alleged new Korg arranger's internal framework is very likely a start of the odd and annoying rumours we always get - I thought the sounds in that video were poor particularly if they were supposed to come from this "new" arranger.

I find my PA4X to be much like my Kronos
I have a Kronos-1 but it is now quite different and is the equivalent of the current Kronos-2 thanks to Korg
My PA4X-NEXT v310 is very very different to the PA4X I originally bought thanks to Korg.

I am not sure whether we will see a new "PA" or totally new arranger. Yamaha tried to fool us with a new name but was just a Tyros-6 with nice new features already in most other arrangers.
I can't imagine Korg will risk a totally new design - there would be too many complaints about model compatibility and dropped/changed features.
If there is another one coming up it will be very very interesting to see where Korg are going with it and where there focus is.

The PA4X still leads the market IMHO for very real (not subjective) reasons.

Wait for Korg but remember that Kronos hasn't been replaced for 14 years but Korg have done a magnificent job with upgrades just like the PA4X!!!!

Take care

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry Pete I'm taking it all with a pinch of salt... but sometimes there's no smoke without fire... I wouldn't necessarily agree with some of your points aside from this rumour... but I would agree the PA4X is a great keyboard to play.... in the end time will tell Smile
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I agree with Pete, the updates to the Operating System and the constant supply of new styles (at no extra cost) has made such a difference to the PA4X. I was fortunate to purchase mine from the largest seller of PA4X's in the U.K. who supplied me with free software that loaded a set of TTT theatre organ samples, a set of church organ samples and a host of styles from previous Korg arrangers. Should keep me going until the PA5X arrives.

I don't want to criticize the Genos, I think it's a very good keyboard and the only real rival to the PA4X. What I will say is I think Yamaha made a mistake not producing a 61 note version and surprisingly the Genos is now already three and a half years old.

One thing I think Korg need to include in their next arranger as a matter of priority is a flute drawbar section with realistic percussion, CV section and rotary sim to emulate the Hammond sound. For me it would be a game changer.
Chris
digudere123

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:26 am    Post subject: No need of pa5x Reply with quote

Pa 4x is much friendly and good features arrenger , dont think about pa 5x

DiguDere
India
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been 6 years since the release of pa4x in 2015..
We have seen huge updates in 2017 and 2019
I guess we will either see another main update in 2021
Or a new totl arranger in 2021 or 2022

If there is a new totl arranger, it could be a whole different looking model and name. As posted elsewhere, with the nautilus its obvious Korg is porting kronos technollogy to other keyboards.
goranbeograd

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone give me a logical explanation, why is there a secret in the Korg the pa5 comes out?
I can't find any.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can anyone give me a logical explanation, why is there a secret in the Korg the pa5 comes out?
I can't find any.
Consider......
    Maybe there will be no PA5 - nobody has confirmed that there will be.
    How do we know there is one?
    Perhaps a totally new arranger design?
    Perhaps a new hybrid keyboard?
Korg, like most companies will sensibly not disclose new technology and products ahead of time - no secrets, just business as usual.

Take care

Pete Very Happy
fatih89

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely because of the whole corona situation Korg can't meet Roland in person at the moment to make price fixings.
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Pa4x is amazing and has huge mileage left due to its disk to memory sampling and huge RAM. Put it this way ... I ain't expecting better because I could not build anything this good however hard I tried.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Most likely because of the whole corona situation Korg can't meet Roland in person at the moment to make price fixings.

Shame on you
fatih89

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Quote:

Shame on you

They already did this over many years.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/jun/29/musical-instrument-firms-roland-and-korg-fined-55m-over-uk-price-fixing

Rob Sherratt wrote:
I think the Pa4x is amazing and has huge mileage left due to its disk to memory sampling and huge RAM. Put it this way ... I ain't expecting better because I could not build anything this good however hard I tried.

Memory is not everything. You can have terabytes of sampling memory. If the programming capabilities are outdated as they are even on the newest Pa4x (incl. the latest update) you are handicapped as a sound programmer.

It's not about hating or loving a company or device. I owned almost every Korg Pa instrument since the Pa80 release and still do think that for live-situations the Pa series are great devices (I own a Pa3x and have access to a Pa4x). But I also can tell you that Korg hardly brought out any real innovation in the sound programing section. It is 2021 and you still can not even set an offset point for custom samples.
I programmed a lot of sounds with mostly custom samples on Pa keyboards and found out a lot of workarounds for specific problems I faced (e.g. weak portamento-implementation, weak monophonic mode etc.). The more I tried to figure out how to make the sounds more realistic and more fun (!) to play, the more I got dissatisfied.

Did I even mention that there is still no (official) PC software for creating and editing samples/sounds/performances(keybsets)/styles/pads etc.? It's not just weak, it's emberassing for a company like Korg not providing such software for their customers.

Finally I switched to virtual instruments programming - the possibilities are almost endless. Of course on the one hand it is not a fair comparision, but on the other hand todays technology is very advanced (e.g. see todays lowmid-range smartphones) and Korg does not take any advantage of it - probably because they know people will buy their products anyways regardless if it's overpriced or not (they are).
Many long-time Korg Pa users (many of whom I know personally) don't even know basic functions. They just want a new device, no matter if it's a Pa5x or something else - they don't care about functions, they care about prestige.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Memory is not everything. You can have terabytes of sampling memory. If the programming capabilities are outdated as they are even on the newest Pa4x (incl. the latest update) you are handicapped as a sound programmer.

It's not about hating or loving a company or device. I owned almost every Korg Pa instrument since the Pa80 release and still do think that for live-situations the Pa series are great devices (I own a Pa3x and have access to a Pa4x). But I also can tell you that Korg hardly brought out any real innovation in the sound programing section. It is 2021 and you still can not even set an offset point for custom samples.
I programmed a lot of sounds with mostly custom samples on Pa keyboards and found out a lot of workarounds for specific problems I faced (e.g. weak portamento-implementation, weak monophonic mode etc.). The more I tried to figure out how to make the sounds more realistic and more fun (!) to play, the more I got dissatisfied.

Did I even mention that there is still no (official) PC software for creating and editing samples/sounds/performances(keybsets)/styles/pads etc.? It's not just weak, it's emberassing for a company like Korg not providing such software for their customers.

Finally I switched to virtual instruments programming - the possibilities are almost endless. Of course on the one hand it is not a fair comparision, but on the other hand todays technology is very advanced (e.g. see todays lowmid-range smartphones) and Korg does not take any advantage of it - probably because they know people will buy their products anyways regardless if it's overpriced or not (they are).
Many long-time Korg Pa users (many of whom I know personally) don't even know basic functions. They just want a new device, no matter if it's a Pa5x or something else - they don't care about functions, they care about prestige.

The PA4X far exceeds its original formal specifications - many FREE enhancements and new features, styles, sounds etc....
There never was any software specified - I know there are times when a PC editor would be nice but so far, I have not found anything I cannot do on board.

Seriously sounds like it is time for you to get a different brand of arranger - make sure you test it out first..

Take care Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: