Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NanoPad2 Pitch Bend on FL Studios

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malachi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:55 pm    Post subject: NanoPad2 Pitch Bend on FL Studios Reply with quote

Hi, I recently bought the NanoPad2 and it's been perfect to use on FL Studios. I am just wondering if the Pad can be used as a Pitch Bend since it does state it can on the Manual. The Pad works fine when it's either being used as an Arp or Scale and from what it says on the Manual, you need it to be set to nothing and then the Pad will be used for Pitch Bending but for me it does nothing.

This could be a FL Studios problem since even for my Launchkey61, I had to assign the Pitch Control while my Alesis25 assigned itself. Issue is, I have no clue how I would even assign the Pad to work with the Pitch since once I touch the Pad to assign it, it's either 100% Down or 100% Up. If you have any way of working this out, I will highly apricate it!

Another thing, this is probably impossible but I was also wondering if the Pad could be assigned for VSTs to use it as a Volume Slider so I could make a swooping sound effect. This is something I could imagine having to work with the Mixing Area so I am not too focused on getting that to be a working thing since it's quite extra but if you have any clue about that then that would be also super nice as well.

Thanks!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The nanoPAD2 x,y pad CC# can be assigned separately for x and y so, for example, pitch bend could be assigned in one direction and expression in the other. The only issue might be leaving the pitch bend precisely at a value of 63 when no pitch bend is required. There is also an x,y pad touch function, which can also be assigned to a CC# value, together with on and off values.

Note added:

Sorry - missed a vital bit out - Use the Korg Kontrol Editor to set up the nanoPAD2 as described above.

Malachi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
The nanoPAD2 x,y pad CC# can be assigned separately for x and y so, for example, pitch bend could be assigned in one direction and expression in the other. The only issue might be leaving the pitch bend precisely at a value of 63 when no pitch bend is required. There is also an x,y pad touch function, which can also be assigned to a CC# value, together with on and off values.

Note added:

Sorry - missed a vital bit out - Use the Korg Kontrol Editor to set up the nanoPAD2 as described above.

Thank you! I got it working. The only thing I am running into is that I can't perfectly set my Pitch to 0 with the Pad, it stays ever at +8 or -8 in value no matter how precise I get my finger into the middle. I switched the Y to Pitch and the X to expression and my other problem was solved which was that my expression could never reach the max amount when it was assigned to the Y-axis but when it's assigned to the X-axis it can. I still can't get the Pitch to go back to 0 in value in either axis. Either worse is when the Pitch is assigned to the X-axis I can't get it past +842 but U can get it to -1000. This isn't a huge problem if it can't be solved since I can use my Mod Wheel on my Midi Keyboard since having the Pad work with expression is nice enough for me.

Now thinking about it, that could be way the expression never went to it's max value when it was assigned to the X-axis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: