Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SV-2 Knob responsiveness - faulty or not?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tumbleweedconnection

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:09 am    Post subject: SV-2 Knob responsiveness - faulty or not? Reply with quote

Hi all. Just got a brand new SV-2 88 and am loving it so far but am seeing some potential issues with the knobs. The knobs that change settings seem fine (sound, variation, ambient type, etc.) but all of the ones that have a 1-10 level seem faulty. Should each physical click of the knob turning change the light to the next position? For mine I often have to continue rotating it many clicks for the light to change from 1 to 2, 2 to 2, etc. And then other times it seems to jump straight from 1 to 5. I'm not sure if these are supposed to behave this way (for example if there are more than 10 levels and its actually a finer adjustment than it is showing) or if these are just faulty knobs. It seems inconsistent enough to be a defect. Let me know what your experience is. Thanks!

I've uploaded a clip of me turning one of the knobs here for example:
https://youtu.be/D2ZgFXHeQC0
It seems to jump around quite randomly.

Edit: I plugged into the editor software to get more clarity on what's going on. I was correct that most of the settings have more values than 1-10 so those are all working normally. However the one that I uploaded a video of (pre-fx speed knob) does jump around sporadically, so that one appears to be faulty. Any tips on how to deal with this? I ordered it from Sweetwater and not looking forward to having to pack this thing up and take it to a FedEx if it needs to go back.
Wolfgang T.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With my Korg SV2 I have not yet observed the phenomenon shown in the video!
Gambold

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it's hugely annoying. If you spin it fast it moves up one at a time.

You are correct that this reflects the granularity of the dial settings that are visible in the editor. However most players are not going to be using the editor and even if they do, they aren't using it during performance. This wasn't on the SV-1 and it's just a hindrance in practical play.
Uncle Mark

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New to this forum. Just bought a SV288s. I have the same bug with knobs. They don’t respond the way it is expected. I checked with another unit and knobs don’t respond well. So, is it a real problem? What can I do about it?
And, PLEASE KORG, make a version of the editor for tablets.
Uncle Mark

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my answer after seeing a guy from Korg roll the encoder a few times to get a little more reverb.
stormwalk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same on my unit.
Uncle Mark

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turning knobs is no problem as long as you get a sound you like. This is not a problem with the Korg SV2. My problem is more with the editor. I WISH it was available on IPad.
Cpt_Korg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: SV-2 Knob responsiveness - faulty or not? Reply with quote

tumbleweedconnection wrote:
... For mine I often have to continue rotating it many clicks for the light to change from 1 to 2, 2 to 2, etc. And then other times it seems to jump straight from 1 to 5.....

I purchased my SV-2S 73 last week (end of march 2022) in Germany (at Thomann) and I have the same issue.
I can turn the knobs and sometimes nothing happens and then sometimes it jumps from 1-5 or something like it.

And all the knobs seems a bit wonky to me - you can wiggle them left to right and they appear to be of very low quality (cheap knobs).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-2 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: