Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RPPR SETUP screen - unwanted program changes on playback

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aanon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:11 am    Post subject: RPPR SETUP screen - unwanted program changes on playback Reply with quote

Greetings,

I'm sequencing on a Triton Pro. Really loving the sequencer overall but I have run into an irritating issue when on the RPPR SETUP screen. Here's the story:

I'm setting up an RPPR pattern assigned to a track that goes out to an external sound module. Just a short drum pattern.

In the SONG, the corresponding track is set up to play to EXT2 and the bank/program parameters are all set up to call up the patch I want on my external device. It works perfectly.

When I go into RPPR SETUP and record my pattern, everything works perfectly and it sounds fine as the pattern loops around and around (while still in record mode).

However, once I exit record mode and just hit play to hear the pattern play back, I run into a problem. As soon as the RPPR pattern loops back to the start once, the patch on my external device changes to something entirely different.

Further testing done:

I have verified that the TRITON is sending a bank or program change (because when I disable sending bank and program changes in Global settings the problem stops happening).

I have further verified that there are no bank or program changes recorded in the pattern itself (by checking the event list).

I have found that this unwanted program change behaviour doesn't happen (thankfully) when I'm back in song mode and playing the same RPPR pattern on a loop.

I wonder whether anyone else has noted this behavior and/or might have a solution for it?

Regards,

Aanon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: