Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volca Sample 2 New Gen LIBRARIAN - adding samples

View previous topic :: View next topic  
magnuzoid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:31 pm    Post subject: Volca Sample 2 New Gen LIBRARIAN - adding samples Reply with quote

I'm not good with computers. Being a guitarist, the volca sample is my first venture into connecting hardware with software etc. I've tried different ways of deleting the factory samples i don't like/use, and adding samples to the volca. When i disconnect it's like nothing has happened; the volca has the same factory samples as when i first bought it. Can someone please explain to me, in baby steps, how to delete samples from the volca, and how to add samples, using Librarian?

Thanks. I apologize for my lack of knowledge. Confused
Yuggs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey magnuzoid, the typical step by step for adding and removing samples would be:

1. power on your Volca Sample 2

2. plug your VS2 into your computer via USB

3. open the Librarian software. If everything works out alright you will see the Librarian pull in all of the PATTERNS and SAMPLES from your VS2.

4. if you are only interested in changing samples then click on the SAMPLES button on the Librarian's menu (it should highlight red when it is selected). Once you are in the SAMPLES section you should see a list of samples that exist on your VS2. To remove a sample you no longer want, highlight it with your mouse or arrow keys, then press ctrl+x to remove it. To add a new sample all you have to do is drag a sample in from your computer (these are typically .wav files).

5. once you have your sample list setup you will then want to click on the SEND button to upload the new list of samples to your VS2. Once that is done you should be good to go.

Some caveats to consider:

You have to manually click on SEND in the Librarian to actually upload your sample list changes to your VS2. If you just setup the sample list and then unplug your VS2 or exit the Librarian no changes will be saved on your VS2.

When you are viewing your list of samples in the Librarian, whatever is highlighted by your cursor is what will be uploaded to your VS2 when you click on SEND. So if you only add 1 new sample at the end of the list, make sure you highlight it, and then click on SEND. Alternatively, if you want to remove a sample, highlight it and press ctrl+x to remove it from the list and then you can either move another sample into the empty space or leave it empty and press SEND to upload the removal to your VS2. If you leave the space empty it's worth noting that your VS2 will actually skip that space's number when you are using the sample knob to scroll through your samples. For instance, if you have samples on spaces 1, 2, 3, and 4 and you remove the sample on space 3 when you are scrolling through your samples your VS2 will count them s.001 -> s.002 -> s.004.

To make a completely new list of samples and upload the entire list you can hold shift and use the up and down arrow keys to select your entire list and then press SEND to send the whole thing in one upload to your VS2.

If you want to access the factory samples again after removing them you can do so by opening the Librarian -> Option -> Open Preset Window -> clicking on the + next to Factory -> clicking on the + next Samples. From there you can click and drag any of the factory samples back into your sample list.

One other thing to take note of is that the Librarian software will not recognize a VS2 that is assigned to MIDI channel 10 or higher in your computer. If you plug in your VS2 and the Librarian says "Volca Sample is not connected" then you will need to adjust the MIDI channel that your VS2 is assigned to within your computer. For more information on that please visit the following threads:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=123844
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=123073
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: