Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Backup vs Save ALL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MusicLover400

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:10 pm    Post subject: Backup vs Save ALL Reply with quote

I am fairly a new user of Korg Pa1000. Can someone tell me the difference between back up and save ALL and to create a new SET
and restoring the files from these two. Thank you

Regards,

Al
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Backup vs Save ALL Reply with quote

MusicLover400 wrote:
..difference between back up and save ALL ..

BACKUP is a single operation that makes a copy of Musical Resources into a compact and easy-to-store archive.
This option will allow you to restore the saved data as a whole - you will not be able to load single files or banks from the resulting backup (.BKP) file.
To load a “.BKP” file the Media > Utility > Full Restore Resources command is used - this file with its Musical Resources will completely erase the Factory and User area.
SAVE ALL will save all the USER DATA (Style, Pad, Performance, Sound/DK, SongBook, Global).
If SAVE ALL is done with unchecked “Factory Style and Pad Protect” parameter in the Preferences, also FACTORY DATA are saved.
Data are saved into a “.SET” folder and will allow you to recover individual data (single items or banks) later - files separately can be reloaded one by one.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add to previous.

When Korg release an OS update and it is installed it will overwrite the User Data, the installation note with the update has typically included advice to save configurations.

The net result of installing an update is that the PA will be reset essentially to factory conditions.

The Save All file created prior to installing the update is then installed via Media > Load to restore all or selected User Data.

It s staggering the number of users over the years who have fallen foul of not having a Backup or Save All file and they do not know why they have no User created data.

Whenever I saved something to my PA the last action before powering down the keyboard was always to perform a Save All
MusicLover400

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:46 pm    Post subject: Backup vs Save ALL Reply with quote

Sienenhirter and Biggles,
Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question.
Your input was very clear, I am going to do both, Thanks again.

Best Regards,
Al
MusicLover400

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject: Backup vs Save ALL Reply with quote

Sorry for the typo, Siebenhirter
MusicLover400

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:18 pm    Post subject: cleanup samples not fully loaded Reply with quote

Anyone who had similar experience with the following problem please share your solution.
I loaded some sound samples when I had 98MB memory, it failed due to lack of memory. After
The error message, the memory shows 19k. Looks like it has loaded some of the samples but not finished.
I will compress to free up memory, but what is the best way to clean up and reload the samples.
What happens to the samples loaded incomplete? Will they be overwritten when I reload the samples? Or first I delete
Them then try again?

Regards,
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: cleanup samples not fully loaded Reply with quote

MusicLover400 wrote:
.. What happens to the samples loaded incomplete? ..

This is an extensive topic we have already had a few times:: AnthonySharmmans "A few information about Pa samples management" (Serious problem with PA 1000) ---> http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=119234&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=62

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: