Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wavestate Editor and Updater Mac Big Sur
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChasingDogma

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:53 pm    Post subject: Wavestate Editor and Updater Mac Big Sur Reply with quote

When I try to run the latest updater 1.0.4 or even the Librarian, the message I get is Waiting for Device...

I've tried several different USB cables and several different USB dongles (My MacBook Pro has Thunderbolt ports, not USB). Is the software just not ready for prime time?

Rolling Eyes
pranaearth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there is no editor for the Wavestate yet.

There is the System Updater for 1.0.4
The Librarian is at 1.0.1.

You haven't mentioned what OS you are on, but Korg does not support Big Sur yet.

For the Wavestate, Big Sur software compatibility is listed as "under consideration".
UltraMike

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having this same issue. I don't understand why Korg can't address this... I have tried to update my Wavestate on two different computers, two different Mac OS's and two different USB cables and it WILL NOT SEE THE WAVESTATE!!! This is a known issue and they don't seem to care! If we cant do something as simple as updating the firmware what is the point? I'm so frustrated that I think I'm going to return the Wavestate. This shouldn't be a hard thing to do in 2021 with a modern flagship synth!
davc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i fixed my Wavestate librarian/computer issues since Korg would not = sold it
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

The wavestate as it stands on it’s own, without the librarian, and without the forthcoming editor is still a truly amazing instrument at an unbelievable price. I fear you maybe sorry you sold it in time. I know I wouldn't dreaming of selling it.

Regards
Sharp.
UltraMike

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Sharp"]
Quote:
The wavestate as it stands on it’s own, without the librarian, and without the forthcoming editor is still a truly amazing instrument at an unbelievable price. I fear you maybe sorry you sold it in time. I know I wouldn't dreaming of selling it.

Regards
Sharp.

I agree that the price is amazing and the sound is amazing... However, I do not understand why a modern synth in 2021 cannot communicate with a computer! I am deeply frustrated by this. I have tried everything! I called Korg and they told me to email support over a week ago and no one has replied!
Narioso

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's PITA for Korg and any vendor to keep up with what Apple and MS are up to these days.

And then Apple changes from Intel and every piece of code and library, some probably purchased like cross platform stuff, need to be recompiled for ARM processor. And tested as well.

I have been looking at alternatives for pc for the time that my windows 7 computer dies. Never had updater issues with Windows 7 either. Korg midi drivers been so so, but worked if I uninstalled it with KingKorg.

Think I found my pc replacement today Akai MPC X. Full featured recording unit to my needs. If 4 midi ports are not enough, just connect class compliant midi interface. Quad core ARM processor 1.8 GHz. Slot for extra hdd or ssd. 128 midi tracks and 8 audio simultaneously, but bounce, overdub, automation and everything is there. And 10.5" tilted touch screen like Oasis had.

Problems are all this fear driven crap "keep your computer safe" that create the problems IMO.

Probability to really have any issues is more like winning the lottery, get killed crossing the street or something. Just normal caution and everybody is fine. I tried anti-stuff and they cause more issues than any virus - so never kept them above trial period, usually uninstalled within hours. In 35 years never had to use it.

But fear-industry is huge market....so we have a choice to run along...or not....

I bought a windows 10 laptop to test and see if I can control it. Using Sledgehammer I had no updates in 90 days now. If that lasts another year I might consider getting a windows 10 daw computer. But think I will get aquainted with this MPC X in the meantime.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all - we've released wavestate software 1.0.6, with support for macOS Big Sur and NCM networking. Please read the included documentation for step-by-step instructions!
Mac download here: https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/0/840/4518/
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Bozzy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:28 pm    Post subject: Wavestate 1.0.6 Reply with quote

davc wrote:

...and now bite your fingers Laughing
synthM111

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First post here. Looking for info about the Wavestate updates.

I have the 1.04 in mine right now. If I install the 1.06 will I be able to use the librarian to manage presets?

Right now it's not working. (Mac 11 big sur, latest update).

I'd really want to be able to manage my presets, as well as to load new ones on it.

Thanks,
ob1bazillion

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Librarian works great for me after 1.06 update.
synthM111

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ob1bazillion wrote:
Librarian works great for me after 1.06 update.

Thanks!
synthM111

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just updated to 1.06. Librarian NOT working.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

synthM111 wrote:
Just updated to 1.06. Librarian NOT working.

Did you switch the wavestate to use NCM?
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
synthM111

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It worked with the change to NCM,

thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: