Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DS-1H Half Pedal enable / calibration?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: DS-1H Half Pedal enable / calibration? Reply with quote

I've just purchased the DS-1h. I've attached the pedal, powered up, set polarity to (-) Korg Standard.

How do I (a) enable half pedalling? (b) calibrate?

The manual says to "Go to the Global P0 page, and use the Half Damper Calibration menu command to adjust the
sensitivity if desired.

What menu? What button? What command?

I can't locate any of these!

Presently, the damper pedal is doing ON/OFF, not CONTINUOUS.

I suspect that when the Kronos detects the pedal, these mysterious menus will appear, but they aren't - or the font is so small, I can't see it!
MarPabl
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In GLOBAL mode, you press the menu located at the topmost right which has form of M (a single triangle pointing down)

There you'll be able to locate the command "Half Damper Calibration"
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarPabl wrote:
In GLOBAL mode, you press the menu located at the topmost right which has form of M (a single triangle pointing down)

Thanks! That did the trick.
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarPabl wrote:

I just got the DS1H half damper too. Thanks for posting this... couldn't have asked for better timing. Wow... it really works!
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarPabl wrote:

I hadn't actually realized that the pull down menus (top right-hand corner) are context sensitive and change, depending what mode, page you are on. So much to learn, so little time . . .
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lougheed wrote:
MarPabl wrote:

I hadn't actually realized that the pull down menus (top right-hand corner) are context sensitive and change, depending what mode, page you are on. So much to learn, so little time . . .

I'm glad that this is working for you now. Do read the Quick Start - this is in there (along with many other tidbits).

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Radaska

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject: Half damper calibration in software version 1.5 broken? Reply with quote

I have the DS-1H damper pedal. I calibrated it successfully when my Kronos was running OS 1.0.7.

I've upgraded my Kronos to version 1.5. When I try to calibrate my pedal again, after pressing and releasing the half damper and pressing the Done button the message 'Can't Calibrate' is shown.

The damper polarity is set to (-) Korg Standard and I tried to calibrate the pedal several times, but it keeps saying 'Can't Calibrate'.

Is this a bug in OS 1.5? Anybody else experiencing the same problem?
mercede1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Half damper calibration in software version 1.5 broken? Reply with quote

Radaska wrote:
I have the DS-1H damper pedal. I calibrated it successfully when my Kronos was running OS 1.0.7.

I've upgraded my Kronos to version 1.5. When I try to calibrate my pedal again, after pressing and releasing the half damper and pressing the Done button the message 'Can't Calibrate' is shown.

The damper polarity is set to (-) Korg Standard and I tried to calibrate the pedal several times, but it keeps saying 'Can't Calibrate'.

Is this a bug in OS 1.5? Anybody else experiencing the same problem?

I have exactly the same problem with my DS-1H ......'Can't Calibrate'......
KORG I30
KORG PA800 (Past)
Radaska

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I am not the only one having this issue. I think it's a bug introduced in OS 1.5. Let's wait for a fix in 1.5.1 Cool
Night Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is exactly why I never update my board Smile Still on 1.0.7 way to scared to update since i know it all works currently. FYI which you probably know the mechanical noise from key stroke as well as damper pedal noise can all be adjusted. So if you don't care for that noise the damper makes of the sounds of the keys hitting the throw you can drop those in your setting as well. Just click on the picture of the piano so it's full screen and it's in the bottom right corner labeled Mechanical noise, damper noise, damper res you will see it.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried calibrating the DS-1H on my system, and it worked fine. If you continue to have difficulties, please contact the product support department of your national Korg Distributor (see the link in my signature).

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
NavidSyed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does the "Half Damper Calibration" command suppose to show a progress bar or something like when I do with after touch calibration? I just purchased the Korg DS-1H and not sure f it is functioning as half damper?
splinters

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play stacatto notes in a piano patch and slowly depress the pedal. The sustain effect should increase the further down you press it, thats what half damper is as opposed to full sustain on or off.
pedro5
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The half dampener effect can be a subtle one and trying to hear its effect is not always obvious.
I had similar concerns with my own DS1H when I first used it,but now I simply can't play without it (piano especially) being much better than an "on/off" type.
The technique is to ride the pedal to a varying degree and with practice,will become more of a second nature etc.

You can try holding the pedal in your hand and actually see the movement as it's squeezed to hear the effect.
Or,you can use a daw to observe the same thing.

There isn't a calibration progress indicator like the aftertouch has…it's just a simple press and release setting,which doesn't really need repeating often.

Best Wishes.
MsKorg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Krome 61 with latest OS and Roland DP-10 continous damper pedal. All I get is "can't calibrate". DP-10 is ok, tried with another synth.

Is there a solution for the problem or is Korg just ignoring us?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: