Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG modwave....is this new?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackForest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject: KORG modwave....is this new? Reply with quote

https://www.korg.com/de/products/synthesizers/modwave/

Is this a new synth? Am kind of confused...

Korg DS-8, Roland D-10, M1Rex, Wavestation, Korg SP-280, JV2080, Wavestate, Kronos LS - all RIP
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.gearnews.com/namm-2021-korg-launches-modwave-wavetable-synth/
BlackForest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://ui4ddendhpgc3ssawye3yqxyvq-adwhj77lcyoafdy-m-bonedo-de.translate.goog/artikel/einzelansicht/namm-2021-korg-modwave.html

Alternatively try to get the original site translated:

https://m.bonedo.de/artikel/einzelansicht/namm-2021-korg-modwave.html

Korg DS-8, Roland D-10, M1Rex, Wavestation, Korg SP-280, JV2080, Wavestate, Kronos LS - all RIP
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This originally negative post (now erased) of mine is now positive

ModWave - WaveState SE - and the 700s : Wow! Well done Korg - absolutely knocking it out of the park.

Sorry for doubting your company ethos.

Time to start showing Korg some TLC again - with out wallets Smile They really are THE complete synthesizer company

Last edited by Kevin Nolan on Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I’m quite excited about the Modwave and really looking forward to an in-depth review.

I also greatly prefer Wavetable Synth’s over Analog. I just find them far more diverse in what sound they can produce.

I read you can load your own wavetables? Ooohhh need to know MORE. Sounds Good

Sharp.
RKfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://soundcloud.com/korg/sets/modwave-demo-sounds
RKfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://soundcloud.com/korg/sets/modwave-demo-sounds
loopman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this last ModWave synthesizer, it's really gorgeous, as I also love the WaveState and the Minilogue XD very much ( I'm not a fan of the Opsix), they are the Top in terms of technology and performance... But ... why doesn't Korg decide to make a Super single 61-key synthesizer that contains them all? It would be a Dream!
BlackForest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loopman wrote:
I love this last ModWave synthesizer, it's really gorgeous, as I also love the WaveState and the Minilogue XD very much ( I'm not a fan of the Opsix), they are the Top in terms of technology and performance... But ... why doesn't Korg decide to make a Super single 61-key synthesizer that contains them all? It would be a Dream!

Propably that would be called Kronos 3...plus some more extra goodies...?

loopman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe... but a Kronos 3 would be more rather a workstation, what I mean is a next 61 keys Performance Synth which contains two or three of the current 37 key models. Who knows if it will ever be possible or will it ever happen
Narioso

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loopman wrote:
Maybe... but a Kronos 3 would be more rather a workstation, what I mean is a next 61 keys Performance Synth which contains two or three of the current 37 key models. Who knows if it will ever be possible or will it ever happen

I think the idea is brilliant - instead of replacing and increasing engines in Kronos 3 - make another one with 5-6 engines of these new nice units, maybe some analog too.

Something that goes on 2nd tier over Kronos 2. I never saw a keyboard player with one keyboard anyway.

Roland JD-Xa is that kind of hybrid with analog part and a lot from Integra in the digital parts..
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Personally I’m quite excited about the Modwave and really looking forward to an in-depth review.

I also greatly prefer Wavetable Synth’s over Analog. I just find them far more diverse in what sound they can produce.

I read you can load your own wavetables? Ooohhh need to know MORE. Sounds Good

Sharp.

I'm now on board Sharp !!!

The WaveState SE - have me _very_ excited!!

But the 700s - what an ABSOLUTE GEM! I know you're not big into analog synthesis - but - just look at it. It's a work of Art!

And working with the original engineers - it's not just the quality - it's the design "truth" and "honesty" underpinning their classic re-releases.

And I agree ( I was being a bit of a gripe in my last post now erased) - the ModWave looks _very_ exciting.

So impressed how Korg can pull off so many very different releases - simultaneously - at such a high, innovative level.

I did feel Korg lost their mojo for a while (in a serious way) - but - they are back! I honestly feel it there will be a new workstation in the coming years - I just do not see it as a problem to them - if this is waht they can do at such a rapid pace and to such high quality in synthesis.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I"m also hoping to see these fine new synths combined into one like they did with the Kronos. Mind you, I"m hoping they can make a "Kronos 3" with these synths and also all of the ones that are already in it.
I can dream! I know I can!
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I research this unit, the more I like it.

I have a number of Ensoniq pieces in my music area, consisting of the VFX, VFX-SD and (2) SQ-R+/32. I also have an SQ1+ for live use. These units feature wavetable synthesis and also feature Transwaves (which are unique to Ensoniq).

If I am reading everything correctly on the Modwave, it would be a modern extension of what my Ensoniq's already offer. With that said, it would be neat to have a modern take on them to a degree.

I will be awaiting a thorough review on it before pulling the trigger on one.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice write-up from sound designer Francis Preve:

https://cdm.link/2021/01/inside-korgs-modwave-sound-design-tips-for-this-upcoming-wavetable-synth/
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: