Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SV-2 SoundPacks with SV-1 sounds
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jejefunkyman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck, so maybe I should get a Kronos then, to go deep into the editing capabilities of the EP-1 engine and see for myself what it can do lol Wink,!!!!!
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or a Nautilus, if you don't want to lose the Dynamics knob.
jejefunkyman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My keyboard purchasing budget is dead for 2021 lol Smile!!!
jejefunkyman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Scott, as you suggested, I had a look to the Kronos EP-1 parameter guide, and it's indeed impressive all you can control to shape the tone!

I'm starting to think now this maybe the best approach to really be able to get the sound that one has in my mind.

For many years, I was completely stuck to the SV1 Tine EP amp, but things changed somehow since I could get some other types of EP sounds through iPad apps like Korg Module or NSK2, and also since I purchased the Vox Conti.

After going through the parameter guide, I now definitely think that the difference does not come from the amp simulation but from the basic tone.

I guess that the Vox Conti EPs were shaped with the Attack Brigthness parameter on the high side, which makes this bright tine tone very hearable across the mid/high register. There's a clear difference here between the Vox and the SV2, even if I use the amp sim EQ to put more Treble, or change the amp setting to have more presence.
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jejefunkyman wrote:
After going through the parameter guide, I now definitely think that the difference does not come from the amp simulation but from the basic tone.

I guess that the Vox Conti EPs were shaped with the Attack Brigthness parameter on the high side, which makes this bright tine tone very hearable across the mid/high register. There's a clear difference here between the Vox and the SV2, even if I use the amp sim EQ to put more Treble, or change the amp setting to have more presence.

Although EP1 does employ samples, it is not a straight sample playback system like the SV1 uses. Even *IF* they use some of the same samples (which is by no means a certainty), a lot of what the EP1 does isn't merely a matter of playing those samples. So as I said, while I think that, with sufficient effort, it *might* be possible to get the basic SV1 tones out of EP1, I don't think there's much chance of getting anything close to the Vox/Kronos EP1 EP sounds out of the SV1. And even if you could get the basic SV1 EP tones out of EP1, there would still be the matter of its amp sims and tube. I think one just need to accept that these are simply very different instruments. They may all come from Korg, but the EP sounds and the tools used to create them are probably about as different as comparing EP boards from entirely different companies. Trying to get one to sound like the other is probably not that much different from, say, trying to get a Roland EP to sound like a Yamaha.
jejefunkyman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I agree with you, I think it is simply not possible to get the same EP sounds between the SV2 and the Vox.

I still need to accept it though lol Wink

But that'll come... sometimes Smile
attitudeadjust

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:29 pm    Post subject: KORG SV2 and OASYS - Dynamic Acoustic Guitar Reply with quote

On the Oasys under Programs is a patch entitled "A.Guitar Dynamic Pick"
This is probably the BEST acoustic guitar patch I've ever heard from a keyboard.
Is there anyway the PCM sample for this patch can be ported into the KORG SV2?
Thanks
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: KORG SV2 and OASYS - Dynamic Acoustic Guitar Reply with quote

attitudeadjust wrote:

Is there anyway the PCM sample for this patch can be ported into the KORG SV2?

There is no way to add any new PCM content to the SV2. Though there is a lot of PCM content already in it that you can't access without using the editor. Have you looked at all the possibilities there, to see if there might be something close to what you're after?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Scott's comments, and also Op Amp's response in another thread, where the same question was asked.

Something also worth considering is that, apart from the Oasys, several other Korg keyboards have a factory Program called "A.Guitar Dynamic Pick". These are the Kronos, Nautilus, M3, M50, Krome, and Krome EX. Not sure how similar they all sound, but the basic multisamples are likely to be the same in all of the above. The Kronos and M50 "A.Guitar Dynamic Pick" Program sounds are pretty much indistinguishable.

If it is imperative to have this particular sound, then getting one of the above keyboards at a good price might be one way to achieve this, and to use the SV-2 MIDI out to trigger the other keyboard via its MID In port.

The "A.Guitar Dynamic Pick" Program is not present in the Kross, Kross 2, King Korg, Grandstage, nor in Korg's arranger series keyboards.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-2 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: