Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What am I doing wrong?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yeskeys

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:09 pm    Post subject: What am I doing wrong? Reply with quote

This concerns recording audio tracks into the sequencer. Primarily, I want to record a mono track which, after recording, can be panned fully left or right. It seems regardless of how I record, and I've spent a lot of time on differing methods, etc, when I manage to to get a mono track recorded it will only fully pan in one direction, and fades to zero in the other direction.

Is there a "best way" to record a mono track so that the L - R fader works fully in both direction?

Greg, can I hire you to help me with just the audio recording sections of the Kronos, I feel pretty confident with the rest of the unit....

Thanks,
Eric
Korg Karma module, Kronos61, SEQUENTIAL PRO3, DSI OB6, Oberheim OB8, XStation25, Yamaha MFC (for Karma Pads), Omnisphere, guitars by Tom Anderson, Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, D'Angelico, Parker, Line6, Guitar Processors by Fractal Audio, Amplification by Mesa, Carvin, w/Celestion V30(!)
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eric, thx for the offer.

I have used audio tracks for vocals. I have also struggled editing audio tracks

I don't feel the editing of audio is a strong point of Kronos. Thus I did most editing in Audacity, and brought in that mostly finished file work back to Kronos audio.

What you are saying, seems doable. I prefer to test it before breaking down explaining the process

in addition, I don't know what instrument you are plugging in and recording to audio tracks. Not a guitar player here.
yeskeys

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply. It's all guitars, I do some parts in mono and others in stereo- I have a Fractal FX unit that puts out a creamy, cushy and lush stereo image with the right effects dialed in, mono parts are more just rhythm guitar that I'd like to pan around. I feel like I can punch in and out so all my edits are taken care of, additionally with the erase track/measure/edit commands as well.

Just looking to see what others are doing to get aforementioned mono audio tracks recorded. Korg made it too complicated, no doubt.

Greg, in a nutshell, what's your methodology? Record a skeleton or near finished song either to internal disk or Audacity, add your audio parts, then import the audio parts and sync them up?

Thanks again,
Eric
Korg Karma module, Kronos61, SEQUENTIAL PRO3, DSI OB6, Oberheim OB8, XStation25, Yamaha MFC (for Karma Pads), Omnisphere, guitars by Tom Anderson, Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, D'Angelico, Parker, Line6, Guitar Processors by Fractal Audio, Amplification by Mesa, Carvin, w/Celestion V30(!)
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeskeys wrote:

Greg, in a nutshell, what's your methodology? Record a skeleton or near finished song either to internal disk or Audacity, add your audio parts, then import the audio parts and sync them up?

Thanks again,
Eric

it is tedious. As I did a handful of ' covers ' with audio vocals . Not sure its apples to apples for you.

1) identify, learn the song, all parts.

2] identify exact tempo of original recording.

3] create/record rough draft of all midi instrument tracks using that tempo.

4] insert audio vocal with recorded midi tracks in SEQ. determine where tempo and timing is off, 1 verse or less at a time. [ forget about time stretch on Kronos, it does not work for me].

5] Work on audio vocal 'problems ' in Audacity. Fix them in Audacity. Bring audio vocal WAV's back into SEQ as a reality check.

6) break down audio vocal parts into various Audio tracks to gain accuracy.

7] Add Kronos Fx to each Audio track to enhance or correct noise problems.

8] Create a final mix and test the [ nearly ] completed Song in headphones, monitors, car stereo, iPhone speakers. Solve any remaining noise or Fx conflicts.
Adjust volume problems on instruments.

9] Upload Song final to SoundCloud. Let it sit for a day or 2 to see if I need to make final tweaks.
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Automation in overdub mode
moves the fader as you like.

🌞

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yes : automation works

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: