Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

COPY USB STICK TO ANOTHER...HELP PLEASE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ha33y

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:08 pm    Post subject: COPY USB STICK TO ANOTHER...HELP PLEASE Reply with quote

Hi,
I have a USB which has a lot of sounds and styles that I purchased a few years back. I want to copy it to another USB for safe keeping. I tried it the conventional way on the keyboard (pa-800) but at the end it always says, 'copy could not be completed, some file names incorrect' or something like that.
I tried it on my PC and it copied ok, however when i insert it into the keyboard and boot up, it talks about some protected files not loading...and asks for the usb to be inserted...I guess the original must have some copy protection or something.
Can someone tell me how to achieve a mirror image of the original keeping everything intact and complete so I can safely store it away incase of problems.
Thanks in advance
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...'copy could not be completed, some file names incorrect' or something like that...
I have a USB which has a lot of sounds and styles that I purchased a few years back
Can you be more specific regarding the error messages and the source of these files - i.e. their origin.
Are you on a PC or Mac?

Cheers
Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
ha33y

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Quote:
...'copy could not be completed, some file names incorrect' or something like that...
I have a USB which has a lot of sounds and styles that I purchased a few years back
Can you be more specific regarding the error messages and the source of these files - i.e. their origin.
Are you on a PC or Mac?

Cheers
Pete Very Happy

Hi and thanks for your reply,
error message is as I said in my original post. The source of the USB is from a professional music store in Greece who have compiled a usb full of Greek original sounds and styles, drums, percussion etc especially for the Pa-800 and equivalent keyboards.
They are properly done and work lovely, but it looks like there is some sort of protection which needs to be bypassed or copied?

I am on PC (windows 10)

Any way this USB can be successfully cloned on a PC would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check with the store as they may have "copy-protected" the USB files. They should be able to help you or, as you have purchased them, even give you a backup copy - worth checking...

Very Happy
ha33y

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Check with the store as they may have "copy-protected" the USB files. They should be able to help you or, as you have purchased them, even give you a backup copy - worth checking...

Very Happy

Good idea, I have just done that, but due to covid most shops are now closed, so if anyone in the meantime has any idea how to copy/clone my usb I would be grateful.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry you have those nasty COVID lockdowns but if it truly is copy-protected you will have to contact the originator (the store)....

Very Happy
ha33y

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Sorry you have those nasty COVID lockdowns but if it truly is copy-protected you will have to contact the originator (the store)....

Very Happy

Really? there is no method to bypass or clone the complete usb (including protection) over to the new drive?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: