Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

X3internal battery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daddypine

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:26 pm    Post subject: X3internal battery Reply with quote

Hi, can I change the internal CR2032 battery on my x3 without losing sounds etc if I have the power on while I do it?
I still have the display working etc, but bought the synth new around 1995 and have never changed the battery. Could this be a reason I am getting no sound at the outputs or headphone socket?
Thanks, Paul.
nickle15

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: X3internal battery Reply with quote

Daddypine wrote:
Hi, can I change the internal CR2032 battery on my x3 without losing sounds etc if I have the power on while I do it?
I still have the display working etc, but bought the synth new around 1995 and have never changed the battery. Could this be a reason I am getting no sound at the outputs or headphone socket?
Thanks, Paul.

It's possible that a dead battery could contribute to a variety of issues but I don't know that totally losing all sounds is one of them. At the very least I would think you would have some initialized patch sounds on power up. The battery is just designed to keep power to your memory when the main power is off so you don't lose patch (and other) data.

I'm not 100% sure about changing the battery with power turned on. Seems like a dangerous proposition but someone else might have another opinion. I would personally just unplug the power, change the battery, and turn it back on. Be aware that you may need some method to restore the factory settings after the battery swap.

I responded to your other post on the X3 and provided a link to the manual. Check there for the procedure for restoring factory settings. This should be the process to follow after a battery change.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: