Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

XE20 - noisy keys
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pianos (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abeardneglected

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:03 pm    Post subject: XE20 - noisy keys Reply with quote

I'm really enjoying the Korg XE20, but I've had two in a row with keybed issues. Are there other XE20 owners that have experienced this? I'm trying to figure out if I should do a second replacement or if I'll just end up with a 3rd XE20 with noisy keys.

Here are the noises on video - I'd describe one as a metallic scratching sound and the other as an un-cushioned clack when the key is pressed :
https://youtu.be/-VfV4MPqwF0
DenGNNJ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: XE20 - noisy keys Reply with quote

abeardneglected wrote:
I'm really enjoying the Korg XE20, but I've had two in a row with keybed issues. Are there other XE20 owners that have experienced this? I'm trying to figure out if I should do a second replacement or if I'll just end up with a 3rd XE20 with noisy keys.

Here are the noises on video - I'd describe one as a metallic scratching sound and the other as an un-cushioned clack when the key is pressed :

Hey... Sent you a PM... what you described in the video?... I'm seeing that on mine too.
snirav

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: XE20 - noisy keys Reply with quote

abeardneglected wrote:

Dear abeardneglected,
This sounds frustrating. I considering buying this keyboard after looking at all competition (narrowing down took a long time. I considered Privia PX-360, Yamaha DGX660 and this) but I guess I will hold off. I had heard complains about noisy keys for Casio. I guess I am back to square one. If you choose to return this one, what are you planning to buy instead ?

Thanks,
Quote:
abeardneglected

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:58 am    Post subject: Re: XE20 - noisy keys Reply with quote

snirav wrote:
If you choose to return this one, what are you planning to buy instead ?

That's part of my dilemma. I researched a lot of keyboards at this price point and this is my best fit. I love the (sometimes cheesy) accompaniment, the variety of sounds, and the overall feel of the keyboard. DenGNNJ mentioned he hadn't noticed the key noises until I mentioned it, so part of me wonders if I just need to be less picky. I'll have to see if it bugs me more or less a few weeks from now.
DenGNNJ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:13 am    Post subject: Re: XE20 - noisy keys Reply with quote

abeardneglected wrote:
snirav wrote:
If you choose to return this one, what are you planning to buy instead ?

That's part of my dilemma. I researched a lot of keyboards at this price point and this is my best fit. I love the (sometimes cheesy) accompaniment, the variety of sounds, and the overall feel of the keyboard. DenGNNJ mentioned he hadn't noticed the key noises until I mentioned it, so part of me wonders if I just need to be less picky. I'll have to see if it bugs me more or less a few weeks from now.

Hey guys... yes, it's true. I initially told abeardneglected that my keyboard was trouble free. Then I saw the video and replicated the noise on mine. I personally think it's a design thing. I've played on noisy keyboards before and TBH this one is relatively quiet, the little ticking noise is not a consistent one, and it doesn't bother me. Of course, everyone needs to do what they feel is best.

I wrote an Amazon review on this board. If you're considering this or others in the same price range you should check it out... I mentioned a bunch of them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089YW9DFP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1#customerReviews

D
snirav

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys !!
Csmellon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just got my xe20
sounds great, documentation not so much.

I do NOT get the keyclicks shown in the video.
abeardneglected

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csmellon wrote:
just got my xe20
sounds great, documentation not so much.

I do NOT get the keyclicks shown in the video.

Good to hear - enjoy!
korgxe20

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just returned my xe20 back. I waited almost seven months for this model but after almost a month using key board I noticed a noise click on two keys. I also think two more are going in the same direction. I also noticed puffing noise from speakers after pressing the keyboard key. Unfortunately I returned the keyboard today. I will use my old keyboard and wait for another seven months until their improve production. I think this is just a flaw in production and KORG would have to correct that because there are a lot of products that have been returned. Confused Sad from same reason.
abeardneglected

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

korgxe20 wrote:
I just returned my xe20 back.

I'm past the window of returns with my retailer, so I took mine in for warranty service last week. We'll see what they have to say.
Mainiax

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abeardneglected wrote:
korgxe20 wrote:
I just returned my xe20 back.

I'm past the window of returns with my retailer, so I took mine in for warranty service last week. We'll see what they have to say.

Had my XE20 for about 3 months, like you I love it, however I have at least 5 noisy keys as you described. Is this really normal? I don't really hear it when I playing, maybe I play too loud 😁
I'll be very interested to hear the outcome of your Warranty Service.
abeardneglected

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mainiax wrote:

The repairman says he talked twice to a tech at Korg. "He could not suggest much to help me with your problem." I'm not sure if that means Korg doesn't think it's a problem. He's going to disassemble the keybed and inspect the keys but he didn't sound hopeful that he would find something that could be adjusted to get rid of the noises.
Mainiax

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abeardneglected wrote:
Mainiax wrote:

The repairman says he talked twice to a tech at Korg. "He could not suggest much to help me with your problem." I'm not sure if that means Korg doesn't think it's a problem. He's going to disassemble the keybed and inspect the keys but he didn't sound hopeful that he would find something that could be adjusted to get rid of the noises.

Thanks for the update, much appreciated.
Let's hope more keys don't develop this issue.
abeardneglected

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest from the repair shop is:
Quote:
I inspected the keybed mechanisms and can find nothing amiss.
The keys are all plastic. There are no adjustments of any kind.
At this point there is not much more I can do.

They are checking with Korg to see if I can do a(nother) replacement. Sad
Mainiax

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abeardneglected wrote:
Latest from the repair shop is:
Quote:
I inspected the keybed mechanisms and can find nothing amiss.
The keys are all plastic. There are no adjustments of any kind.
At this point there is not much more I can do.

They are checking with Korg to see if I can do a(nother) replacement. Sad

Thanks again for the info, reckon I'll try to get a replacement as well and see how that goes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pianos (General) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: