Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Issues connecting my Microkorg to an audio interface

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billybumbler

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:11 pm    Post subject: Issues connecting my Microkorg to an audio interface Reply with quote

Hi, I'm completely new to the world of synths but really want to record the sounds I'm making on my computer.

I have a Microkorg and I've purchased a pretty cheap audio interface that I read was supposed to work with Microkorgs - the Behringer UMC22.

However, the audio interface appears to not be registering anything that comes from my Microkorg - when I play it nothing is showing in Audition and nothing is coming out of my speakers.

If anyone is able to advise it would be very much appreciated! I'm really stumped as I appear to have done everything right...

Here's how I have it set up:

-I've connected the Behringer UMC22 to my laptop via the USB provided -this appears to have registered on my laptop and Audition, so it must be working
-I have bought a basic TS cable to connect the Microkorg to it via the Output L/Mono port on the back of the snyth which is connected to the "Inst 2" port on the front of the audio interface.
-I have also connected my speakers to the audio interface via the headphone slot on the front of the audio interface (I'm using some basic Logitech computer speakers).

*I read somewhere that you need to use a TRS cable rather an TS cable to connect the Microkorg to the audio interface, but I wanted to check here first before I go out and buy more kit!

If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated.
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

A TS cable should be fine. Things to crosscheck:
* Volume turned up on the mK,
* Gain 2 turned up on the UMC22. Do you see the signal led blinking when playing the mK?
* Try the direct monitor function on the UMC, this must wire the inputs directly to the outputs, without first going to your PC. If this works, then it is matter of software...
* Turn up the output on the UMC22.
* If possible try to listen to the outputs at the back of UMC22.
* Did you really not need to install a USB driver?

Hope this helps somehow...
billybumbler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your advice. I actually managed to get it working by switching my windows laptop to a macbook pro and using garageband rather than audition. I think the issue seemed to be with my laptop not recognising the umc22 properly... It didn't prompt me to install a USB driver, but that may have been the issue.

At least I know that the issue doesnt appear to be with my mk!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: