Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa700 and USB

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Korgestarr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:10 pm    Post subject: Pa700 and USB Reply with quote

Am in process of learning Pa700 which is a great keyboard. Anyway, my main question arises out of the USB connections. Firstly, I am connected to the Pa700 via PC USB to USB Device, and a memory USB stick to the USB Host connection. When I go to Media, the instrument only offers me KorgDisk, and when I hit Enable it stays green, but I see an empty directory on my PC. Also why does the Pa700 not offer to ask me which USB I want to enable, Device or Host.
I have downloaded some Styles from the USB Host memory stick, so I know that works. Could someone clear up the USB questions I seem to have. Thx.
Ray, Taree
les24preludes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:19 pm    Post subject: message from RMCR Reply with quote

Ray - could you make contact with me? Andy
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa700 and USB Reply with quote

Korgestarr wrote:
.. I go to Media, the instrument only offers me KorgDisk, and when I hit Enable it stays green, but I see an empty directory on my PC...

Via USB HOST Ports Pa700 supports external devices (hard disk drives, USB memory sticks) – in that case Pa700 acts as HOST while connected devices are Slaves. You can use an USB hub to connect more devices to the same USB HOST port (some more USB-Sticks, an external keyboard, breath controller etc).

If using an USB DEVICE port to connect Pa700 to personal computer or tablet. Now these devices acts as HOST, while in Korgs Media you are asked to enable the only device KORG DISK of Pa700 that is ready to be used as SLAVE for the connected PC/tablet.

It seems to be you did not save/copy any files to KORG DISK so you see an empty directory Korg Disk.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: