Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can the Korg act as a standalone device

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sungod88

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:26 am    Post subject: Can the Korg act as a standalone device Reply with quote

Hey all, so I don't have a korg YET but I was wondering if I can load tracks I've made on an sdcard, play the files on the device (into headphones or built in speakers) and use the effects.

I don't want an Sp-404 because I wouldn;t be using it to make the beats and this sounds like a much better option

The models I was looking at are the KP3+ and the Mini 2s.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a limit to the length of sample you can load into the KP3+ but I don't know about the Mini 2s. With the KP3+, samples are tied to the tempo and the max length is determined by the tempo. Easiest way to explain is the quote the manual:

Quote:
Sampling
The KP3+ can record both looped phrases and one shot samples from an external source. The KP3+ can also resample; allowing you to sample external audio sources through the internal effects, or capture the entire output of the KP3+ as a new sample. Loop samples can be up to four measures (16 beats) long, at the current BPM when you begin recording. (for example, at a tempo of 140, 16 beats would be approximately 7 seconds). If the tempo value is 73 or lower, the maximum of beats that can be sampled is 8. If the tempo value is 39 or lower, the maximum of beats that can be sampled is 4. For a loop sample you can specify a beat length of 16, 8, 4, 2, or 1. When a loop sample is created, it will begin playing as soon as it is done being recorded (the corresponding SAMPLE BANK button will
be lit orange.)

Hope this helps.
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
sungod88

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

megamarkd wrote:
There is a limit to the length of sample you can load into the KP3+ but I don't know about the Mini 2s. With the KP3+, samples are tied to the tempo and the max length is determined by the tempo. Easiest way to explain is the quote the manual:

Quote:
Sampling
The KP3+ can record both looped phrases and one shot samples from an external source. The KP3+ can also resample; allowing you to sample external audio sources through the internal effects, or capture the entire output of the KP3+ as a new sample. Loop samples can be up to four measures (16 beats) long, at the current BPM when you begin recording. (for example, at a tempo of 140, 16 beats would be approximately 7 seconds). If the tempo value is 73 or lower, the maximum of beats that can be sampled is 8. If the tempo value is 39 or lower, the maximum of beats that can be sampled is 4. For a loop sample you can specify a beat length of 16, 8, 4, 2, or 1. When a loop sample is created, it will begin playing as soon as it is done being recorded (the corresponding SAMPLE BANK button will
be lit orange.)

Hope this helps.

Can I load tracks onto an SD card and play them from the kp3? Also can those samples be looped? I'm looking for videos but not finding much
robotunes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sungod88 wrote:
Can I load tracks onto an SD card and play them from the kp3? Also can those samples be looped? I'm looking for videos but not finding much

Yes. Here's the Kaossilator Pro, but it works the same on the KP3+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAXAJiYLoZg&feature=youtu.be&t=189

Remember that once the loops are loaded, raising the KP3's tempo will play the loops at a higher pitch. Lowering the tempo, plays the loops at a lower pitch. KP3 doesn't warp or time stretch loops.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: