Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hey Korg...WOW!...and...WTF?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimlore54

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:13 pm    Post subject: Hey Korg...WOW!...and...WTF? Reply with quote

I just took delivery of a lightly used wavestate, and going through the sounds on day 1, was nothing short of awesome! Having previously owned a WS-EX, WS-A/D and the many Legacy versions, I was more than ready for the new and improved model. Day 2 is where I hit the wall. I downloaded the latest W10 driver, firmware update, librarian and manual. I noticed that the firmware update stated that is was incompatible with W10 2004, so I knew that I was immediately in trouble, since that's what I was running. Needless to say, like many of you, finding and manually installing a compatible RNDIS driver, took hours off of my life. I later discovered the actual installation instructions in the 1.04 firmware documentation. This really should have been uploaded by Korg as a separate document, not buried in the firmware doc. It was all moot, since none of it worked on my laptop. Luckily, I had another laptop with W10 1909, and everything installed according to plan on that one. Since the wavestate has been on the street now over 6 months, it's way past unacceptable that Korg doesn't have a working USB driver for W10 2004. One final observation is, who the hell thought putting a 37-note keyboard on it was the way to go? Either make it a module with no keyboard or offer it with 49 or 61 full-size keys. Sorry for the rant. Peace and music! [/b]
KORG Kronos X61, Wavestate, M3-61, Radias, Kontrol 49, nanoPAD2, nanoKEY2, Collection v2, ROLAND JD-XA, System 8, PK-5, M-AUDIO Hammer 88, Keith McMillen K-Board, 12-Step, ARTURIA V Collection 8, Pigments, OB-Xa V
RobustAmerican

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lucked out as I'm still running Windows 7 and it all just works perfectly so far. I am planning on updating though so I hope Korg gets this sorted very soon. This is more than half the reason I haven't jumped to Win 10 yet.

At least the keys are full size, even if there's only 37 of them. I haven't used the keys much at all though as I need to audition sounds with aftertouch and ooops...Korg did it again.
jezar-01

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

> who the hell thought putting a 37-note keyboard on it was the way to go? Either make it a module with no keyboard or offer it with 49 or 61 full-size keys

Maybe it was someone who knew the market better than you?

The Wavestate form factor is perfect for me. If you want a bigger keyboard, then plug one in.
jimlore54

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:41 pm    Post subject: Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes Reply with quote

Since my original post from 8 months ago, Microsoft resolved the RNDIS driver issue with the latest version of Windows 10, and wouldn’t you know it, Korg is releasing a 61 key version of the Wavestate.
It appears the “market” spoke, and Korg listened.
Thank you, Korg. Looking forward to it.
KORG Kronos X61, Wavestate, M3-61, Radias, Kontrol 49, nanoPAD2, nanoKEY2, Collection v2, ROLAND JD-XA, System 8, PK-5, M-AUDIO Hammer 88, Keith McMillen K-Board, 12-Step, ARTURIA V Collection 8, Pigments, OB-Xa V
jezar-01

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But it's not a replacement for the standard Wavestate is it? Nor is it an admission that somehow Korg "got it wrong" first time around.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: Hey Korg...WOW!...and...WTF? Reply with quote

jimlore54 wrote:
Needless to say, like many of you, finding and manually installing a compatible RNDIS driver, took hours off of my life. I later discovered the actual installation instructions in the 1.04 firmware documentation. This really should have been uploaded by Korg as a separate document, not buried in the firmware doc.[/b]

Actually, the documentation is on the root of the zip file that you downloaded. There are three files: the installer, an instruction PDF in English, and an instruction PDF in Japanese.

jimlore54 wrote:
Since the wavestate has been on the street now over 6 months, it's way past unacceptable that Korg doesn't have a working USB driver for W10 2004.

Actually, it was Microsoft's bug, and Microsoft has now fixed it.

Peace.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: