Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volca Sample 2, USB problems
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lenman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:43 am    Post subject: Volca Sample 2, USB problems Reply with quote

hi and thank you for beeing a member here.

someones already have the new sample? my pc doesnt recognize it by plugging it in on any usb connector, usb 2 and 3. i was also testing serveral micro usb cables. the korg driver itself recognizees it. Also in ableton there is no volca sample midi device in the midi list. i am using win 7

forgive my spelling mistakes

Lennard
Tk-421

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having exactly the same issue. Running Windows 10 Pro version 2004 with the Korg USB driver 115_r38e.

MIDI USB works fine on my iPad pro.

But the Volca Sample 2 isn't recognised at all by Windows 10 (but it is visible to the "Configure Korg USB-MIDI Driver" app).

Makes the sample manager useless on Windows 10 if it can't see the device!
ILL GREEN

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Volca Sample 2 will only read Windows 8.1 or higher so that explains the Windows 7 issue. But now there is a Windows 10 issue. Shocked However, I don't think a Windows 10 from 2004 exist, are you sure?
Tk-421

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm on Win 10 Pro version 2004 (aka October 2020 update).

KORG's official statement re their USB drivers failing on Win 10 is here: https://www.korg.com/uk/news/2020/102202/
optofonik

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you guys get yer mitts on a Volca Sampler 2?!?!?
Mallers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

optofonik wrote:
How did you guys get yer mitts on a Volca Sampler 2?!?!?

I received mine today from Amazon UK...................best price I could find online. They are selling the Sample V2 for £125 (everywhere else it’s £149 - £159). They are still selling the old one for £121. As for the V2 they had 14 in stock two days back and are now down to 9. You just have to find the one with the USB on. I think they have messed up on their pricing. But it’s definately the V2 that I’ve received Very Happy
maxastuto

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you have news of the new working drivers of the korg volca sampler 2?
granty77

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm having the same issue trying to connect it to my MacBook, running OSX 10.12

Won't connect to Korg Librarian and Ableton can't see it - defeating the whole point of me buying one in the first place.

Is there an official customer support channel?
ILL GREEN

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, this don't sound good. I too planned on copping the VS2 for the same reason as 90% of you; and thats for the ease of injecting my own samples via USB, larger memory was just the icing for me. But if thats broken, looks like I have to wait a year or so again until the bugs are ironed out. Hey, I waited 5 years for the VS1 until 1.4 arrived. Razz

Other than that, I did took a stroll around Korg.com and the info for the VS2 is that there are (2) different installers for the drivers. The installer for Win8.1 is different from Win10.

Also, digging deeper, I found that there are (17) drivers for Win8.1 Shocked

Here is the page, if anyone with the VS2 can make it work, Korg got themselves a new customer!

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/driver/0/867/1356/
ysoufian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I just bought a new volca sample 2 and I am having USB connectivity issues.
I tried in both MacBook Pro running Catalina OS and
PC running Windows 64.

Neither the firmware updater software nor the Volca librarian App detect the VS2
The version I have is currently running firmware v1.0

Did you solve your Usb connectivity problem?
citizensheep

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:59 am    Post subject: "Failed to connect to the Volca Sample" – Big Sur Reply with quote

I too am suddenly unable to use the VS2 Librarian. It was working the other day but, oddly, is not any more. I've tried updating the firmware to 1.01 and rebooting the machine (MacBook Pro running Big Sur) but still no joy. I get this error message: "Failed to connect to the volca sample. Please try again".

It's possible that I haven't used it since upgrading to Big Sur; could that be the problem? (I can't find anything online and it's not on Korg's compatibility chart: https://www.korg.com/uk/support/os/.)
Bapcatarus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to be having the same issue with my VS2... I even got a proper "data transfer" micro USB cable, I updated the firmware on the VS2, but when i open librarian its gets stuck at %5 and says "Failed to communicate with volca sample"

I am running Big Sur 11.1 but still, a bit disappointing that file transfer is an issue with a SAMPLER.

Hope they get this sorted out soon.
ArtyBoomshaka

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

Edit : I'm having issues on Windows 8.1 as well but made my own topic there : http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=797447#797447
nino poir

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, trying to hook up my new volca sample2 via USB to Mac OS Catalina, , made sure the software is closed when I connect the machine...tried it in every port with 10 different leads, it just keeps on telling me the "volca sample is not connected"...

I can see many others have the same problem across Mac and PC.. is the problem the hardware of the actual micro USB port? There's no way of telling!

any tips greatly appreciated thanks!
Yuggs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nino poir wrote:
Hi there, trying to hook up my new volca sample2 via USB to Mac OS Catalina, , made sure the software is closed when I connect the machine...tried it in every port with 10 different leads, it just keeps on telling me the "volca sample is not connected"...

I can see many others have the same problem across Mac and PC.. is the problem the hardware of the actual micro USB port? There's no way of telling!

any tips greatly appreciated thanks!

I'm not sure if the issue is the same with Mac OS as in Windows, but from my experience with this issue on two different Windows computers, it is definitely due to the MIDI channel assignments on your computer placing the Volca Sample 2 at MIDI channel 10 or higher. When your VS2 is assigned to channel 10 or higher on your computer the Librarian software will not detect it.

The solution (on Windows, may also work for Mac OS) is to open the "KORG MIDI Driver Uninstall Utility" that comes installed alongside the "KORG USB-MIDI Driver" and uninstall any MIDI drivers in the list between "midi0" to "midi9" as well as the driver for your VS2. You then plug your VS2 back into your computer and it should get assigned a MIDI channel between "midi0" and "midi9" within the KORG MIDI Driver Uninstall Utility, at which point the Librarian software should be able to detect it.

Here are the download links for the KORG USB-MIDI Driver:

Mac OS:

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/driver/1/285/1357/

Windows 10:

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/driver/1/285/3541/

Windows 8.1:

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/driver/1/285/1356/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: