Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg N364 Problem New 2020^))

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Booris

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:56 pm    Post subject: Korg N364 Problem New 2020^)) Reply with quote

Hello there!! sorry.. unexpected problem with N364-how to go to the editor with letters in the settings, for example, 1B, 2C, 4D, and so on.. for some reason, I only have editions with settings 1A, 2A, 3A.... and so on.. I CAN't switch to other "letters" in the options.. how is this done?? or maybe I have problems with the device itself?? bought recently from an auction, the device looks in good shape, everything works, even the disk drive.. but what is the problem with these parameters?? the former owner rarely used it and does not know about it at all:)) what can you suggest?? thanks:)) sorry for the English..in touch Russia, Siberia:)
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Edit mode, try pressing the Function buttons to move through the menu levels.

Booris

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are these arrows?? Yes, I have not clicked any more ... I wonder-for those who have everything working - how do they change the values of these letters??
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cursor keys take you through the main edit menus. The Function buttons are the row of 8 buttons to the right of the Volume slider, and allow the selection of various LCD screen groups for parameters and functions during Edit mode. This works for Programs and Combis, and also in Sequencer and Global modes, plus also in Disk mode and Arpeggio mode. Try them and see what happens in Edit mode. The Function keys act as toggles, so pressing them a second time returns you to the previous menu.

Booris

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps the SECOND time they just do not work.. that is, in fact, I need information ABOUT how this change is CAUSED in a HEALTHY device.. that's what.. maybe it's the buttons.. but maybe not..I need precise information-exactly how the correct transition to the letters B, C, D, and so on works.. for all the other options, I probably already tried..
Booris

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes.. now I thought about it.. perhaps the buttons are installed incorrectly after any repairs.. it is the 1-8 buttons on the panel to the right of the volume slider that are used.. if they switch to these modes.. either the buttons themselves are "wrong system", or they are incorrectly soldered.. perhaps.. hmm.. how else to find out exactly..
Booris

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip, do you have this unit in use?? that is, for accurate information, you need this device itself.. a couple of clicks from the host-and I may already have a more " accurate understanding"Smile))))))))) where do the" legs grow " in the problem:)) wait?? or do you have exact information about this" magic " switch for me??Smile)))))
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the middle of moving home, which has taken far too long with this pandemic going on. All boards, except one, are in strorage four hours drive away, so getting hands on the N364 isn't going to happen any time soon!! :-(

Do any of the 8 function buttons change anything at all in the display, even in Play mode? If not, then there may by a fault with the buttons or their circuitry. It is worth remembering that for Program mode, the number of editable parameters depends on whether the Program is Single or Double mode i.e. uses one or two "oscillators". Double mode Programs e.g. C00 Sunrise, should allow access to the extra parameters.

Booris

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes... thank you.. I see.. about the dual mode, I already remember since 1996:)))))))) well, in my case, just sounds and programs are less functional for me..but MANY options in global mode, AND even more so the SEQUENCER-Yes, there is a need for a fully functional form.. all the same, I think-perhaps it is in the buttons can be the case.. they may be possibly of a more simplified design than necessary.. either during the repair was not picked up properly any loop and just "two shelves" of the menu were not involved.. when checking this, you may not have paid attention and happily spun everything back.. either during any transportation, something like this in terms of "contacts" fell off.. I made an agreement with the workshop here.. luck.. look.. perhaps really something from the " similar Opera"Smile))))))) if you understand this " turn of speech"Smile))))))
Booris

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a.. this.. in the whole WORLD, only the TWO of us have this unit now in stock?? something more willing to speak on this topic there.. that's why I went to the English-language forum-it's more likely to pick up a person with a nearby device:))) but it seems that my magic move was not very successful:)))))))))))))
Booris

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and anyway. international users are more disciplined.. this is where Russian users can soar the brain for weeks without saying anything in fact at all.. and ended up selling pillows and blankets in General.. and sitting on the forum out of boredom.. okay.. maybe some of the owners who have the unit next to them will appear..
slain_by_silence

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

[only the TWO of us have this unit now in stock?]
Nope, I still have 3 of them in the attic (1 x N364 + 2 x N264).

Did you resolve your problem?
Maybe I can check for you. Which parameters do you want to edit/change?
Your available options/menu screens depend whether a program or a combi bank is selected.

For example select a combi use cursor up down to navigate through available options (effect placement, delay, effect type). Pressing the left buttons 1-8 (without edit) will just select the corresponding timbres (Programs) of the Combi.

In Program Edit Mode the Buttons 1-8 lead you to the function/screens according to their label.

Don't know if this helps. If not let me know what you're trying to achieve exactly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: