Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Digital music display

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maintech

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:40 pm    Post subject: Digital music display Reply with quote

I have used Mobile Sheets digital music display on an android tablet with my Korg pa 600, which allows the Korg songbook to load a matching song set-up when a song is selected in Mobile Sheets, using a midi link. I dropped my original 12.2" Samsung tablet, destroying the screen. I replaced the tablet with an inexpensive 14" laptop, but the screen is difficult to view because of being hinged and only opens to about 110 degrees, so I've ordered a 24" monitor, ($210 Canadian). With HDMI input from the laptop I'll enjoy a two page display on the monitor. With my blue tooth page turner this promises to make playing less of a juggling act. I'll get back with a review after its installed.
On the mobile sheets forum there are a number of Korg users who benefit from the collaboration between Korg and Mobile Sheets. There may be others who still use paper music in book form and have issues with the physical size if the image. This process is not gig friendly because of the 24" display, and finding somewhere to place the tablet, but for a fixed keyboard set-up, its hard to beat.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsung tablet screens can be replaced. There are plenty of places around that will do the repair.

maintech

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I had not pursued it in Canada after having spent too much to get the tablet stripped of the broken screen particles in Florida. I will check again when I can shop in person, rather than by phone.
Appreciate your help
maintech

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:07 pm    Post subject: digital music display Reply with quote

I have set up my new 24" monitor on my pa600. The image is 2 pages and is linked to my laptop. It works better than the laptop, looks like it belongs and is less tiring on the eyes. The set up is midi linked from the laptop via a
Roland USB/Midi patch, HDMI to 24" screen, and a Bluetooth pedal to turn pages. Total cost, monitor, laptop and cables $320 US.
I'll post an image when I find the method to do so.[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Audio / Visual All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: