Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

01R/W rack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
osea

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:19 am    Post subject: 01R/W rack Reply with quote

Hello!

I hope to find you well.
I bought recently an used Korg 01R/W (I used so much 01W/FD and now I didn't have it more, so I replaced with the 01R/W), it worked perfectly for almost an year. Few days ago even if nothing happened I started it and no more power, no display on, no other lights on.

I tried to buy a new cable but tried and no success.

Did someone have an experience like this?
Any suggestion to help find the problem.

Thank you
Osea
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is most likely a power supply issue. First things to check are the power switch, to see if it is working correctly, and the power supply fuse on the main switched mode power supply, to see if it has blown. After that, the power supply needs to be checked for issues. The electrolytic capacitors on the 01R/W power supply have been known to leak, and need replacing. The work might be best left to a repair workshop.

osea

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, will try to find a workshop. I remember I already sent my old 01W/FD to a workshop in the 90s for adding the MIDI compatibility for floppy drive, and they worked fine. Just maybe not have the contact, I will try to search on the web or/and contacting Korg to know a local approved workshop. Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: