Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KSC's Not Included in Global (PCG)?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tunaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:51 pm    Post subject: KSC's Not Included in Global (PCG)? Reply with quote

I got my second K2 73 upgraded yesterday, and loaded my current backup PCG file. All of my Programs/Combi's/Setlists/etc made it over, but when I checked the KSC auto-load list I found that it wasn't updated.

I'll take a look closely at the OG to see if this is mentioned, but I figured I'd put this out here to the group in case someone has some insight?

Not a big deal - I can make a list of the KSC files I have on my master K2 and manually set them up, but I would have expected that data to have been included in the G(lobal) part of the PCG.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw another post you made about transferring files. I’m not going to confuse that post with this one, but I’m curious. When you’re trying to copy your files from one K to another, are you using a thumb drive? I would try that if you haven’t done that yet.

I also have a second K and I transfer files using a thumb drive and selecting “save all” and then loading them into the second Kronos. The only issues I’ve had using this procedure is with SNG files, that’s another issue we can talk about if needed.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:30 am    Post subject: Re: KSC's Not Included in Global (PCG)? Reply with quote

tunaman wrote:
I got my second K2 73 upgraded yesterday, and loaded my current backup PCG file. All of my Programs/Combi's/Setlists/etc made it over, but when I checked the KSC auto-load list I found that it wasn't updated.

Hi there,

This is normal (even though not obvious !), as certain Global settings are not saved in the PCG, including - as you have discovered - the KSC Auto-Load stuff. But once you will have selected what you want there, they will stay the same until you change them again. For other Global parameters not part of PCG saves, see page 816 in the parameter guide. Wink
tunaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcon2e wrote:
I just saw another post you made about transferring files. I’m not going to confuse that post with this one, but I’m curious. When you’re trying to copy your files from one K to another, are you using a thumb drive? I would try that if you haven’t done that yet.

I also have a second K and I transfer files using a thumb drive and selecting “save all” and then loading them into the second Kronos. The only issues I’ve had using this procedure is with SNG files, that’s another issue we can talk about if needed.

Thanks - yes, I’m transferring them via USB - really familiar with that process (IT guy for the last 30 years).

As KK stated afterward, certain Global settings aren’t included in the PCG.

I’ve manually set up the KSC files tonight, but it was an oddity not expected.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: