Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg PA1000 “NEXT” update ....
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lika
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:01 am    Post subject: Korg PA1000 “NEXT” update .... Reply with quote

Hi.
What’s going on in Korg ?
Is there all developers alive ?
If those are alive , why we , PA1000 owners , have not yet “NEXT” update for our keyboards ?
Hey in Korg , wake up !!!
Make Music !!!
ime95mos

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see this. I guess it has something to do when the PA4x is going to be updated (or when the replacement for PA4x is ready..)
pa600fan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pa5x might be announced 1 sep?
moebrand

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg released the Pa1000 in 2018 while Pa4x has been there for many years now and yet they did a major OS update for Pa4x and did not do much for Pa1000, well we know that Pa4x is the flagship and expensive model, but for the newer arrangers even if they are mid range models they should do something.
DMS 3Reed Harmonium
an old Accordion
Apple iMac 480GB SSD , 12GB DDR3 Ram,
logic Pro X , Studio One 3.
Dell laptop with 500GB ssd and 8GB Ram , Korg Pa Manager V4
FL Studio 11 Producer Edition
Studio One 6 Artist
Allan & Heath Zedi 10FX mixer
Shure Beta 87A Condenser Microphone
Audio Technica in ear studio monitor headphones
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for everyone, I have no idea about any further updates or new models.

We can't assume that there'll be a PA5X at all. Korg company has restructured as we know and so their arranger future remains a mystery until they formally announce something.
Speculating is fun though Wink
Korg have given us incredible updates and resources - I look back at the original specs of my PA4X and what I have now is very very different.
It's like buying a very basic car and then the manufacturer just gives you cruise-control, climate-control, updated sound system etc...etc...
We, so far, are very lucky IMHO.

The newer keyboards (1000/700) do have features and resources that the PA4X hasn't.... etc...

Maybe Korg's strategy was to apply NEXT to the flagship which is also much older.

Time will tell - in the meantime, make plenty of music.

Take care

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:33 am    Post subject: Pa1000 missing updates Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
As for everyone, I have no idea about any further updates or new models....

The newer keyboards (1000/700) do have features and resources that the PA4X hasn't.... etc...

Maybe Korg's strategy was to apply NEXT to the flagship which is also much older....

Strategy? The older keyboards (500/800/3x) do have features and resources that the Pa1000 hasn't....

For me it really is annoying that Pa1000 has not been completed and updated with the missing features - even known from the smallest predecessor models (ie FillMode, StylePreferences pro KbdSet), with which the StylePlayer was to use much more efficient than with the last model of the upscale model of middle class.

Style-to-Kbd-Set function only works properly in Style-Play-Mode. In connection with the songbook, the developers have determined that you do not switch to a different style via the SongBook while the game is running, but that you only use one single SB-entry for to be started and performed with Style-to-Kbd-Set.

Due to this restriction, the SetList does not allow an uninterrupted transition of the keyboard sounds when changing styles while playing, because KbdSet #1 automatically is loaded with each change and this results in ugly interruptions.

At least for this shortcoming I would have expected that it would be fixed by an update after such a long time - this is very disappointing from Korg !!
I will not spend money on a recent Pa1000 until they will update the OS and at least those features work and are available, as I had and could use with previous models.

For the same reason I am not interested in a new model, so as not again to experience the same disappointment of reduced functions with each next new model.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
pa600fan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt there will ever be a pa1000 next
However in the next few days there could be a pa4x replacement if not a pa1000 replacement
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pa600fan wrote:
I doubt there will ever be a pa1000 next
However in the next few days there could be a pa4x replacement if not a pa1000 replacement

I doubt they would release a PA1000 replacement. It is not that old yet and it took much longer for the PA1000 to actually be released than it did the PA700 (which I have).

I know that they released an updated PA700 (maybe PA1000) that featured an HDMI connector instead of the RCA connector for video output.

If anything I would expect them to release additional sound/style resources and maybe even a version of the unit(s) with more memory/storage space. The PA700 and PA1000 are fine the way they are, in reality. I would like to be able to make color changes to my screen, so maybe they can unlock that for their users.

I would be surprised if a new flagship arranger came out this year or next, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We may have limited funds as end-users (due to decreased business), but they would feel it too.

I do hope that a future model of flagship and even mid-range would include some kind of KARMA or ARP patterns so we could have more live flexibility in them. I know that they are arrangers and you can have up to 6 style variations programmed (based on chord structures), but having KARMA or Arp patterns would also allow for even more variation and spontaneous creation.

Some users are never going to be happy with whatever Korg releases. I, however, and more than pleased with my PA700. It has exceeded my expectations for an arranger and I will likely be buying another one later in September to have as a backup. Korg really raised the bar with these units and they really are the best out there.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Keymn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think pa1000 next will happen when Pa4x is upgraded.
Make pa1000 owners happy and pa4x owners sad...
Lika
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:

We can't assume that there'll be a PA5X at all. Korg company has restructured as we know and so their arranger future remains a mystery until they formally announce something.

It is very sad to hear that Korg had restructured Sad .
Now I think our “NEXT” update will be late Sad .
Make Music !!!
Keymn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roland too restructuring. Slow on upgrading the accordions. Had FR4x for Over 3 years and no upgrade...since first introduced.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:52 pm    Post subject: Korg PA1000 “NEXT” update .... Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
.. no idea about any further updates or new models.

This restructuring took place around two years ago and affected personnel changes at Korg UK. Richard Ashby has been appointed to Sales and Marketing Director, Grace Ryan to Senior Manager for Marketing and Communications, Matt Longbottom to Field Sales Manager (a new position in UK).

With Korg worldwide there were no significant changes - Corporate profile, Board of Directors, primary business unchanged is the same .....

So it remains speculative to think about whether and when and which new model can be expected. Regardless of waiting for mistery surprises there are good reasons for Korg to equip the shortcomings of current devices (Pa1000) with a reasonable update.

At least as customer that is expected from a serious company, but that seems not to be as too much time has passed for that!

Although this would be important for existing customers, there is unfortunately no information whether Korg is ready to provide support for the existing products.

As long as this is not guaranteed, I would not think about a new model from Korg but assume at least to get updates for eliminating that known shortcomings of the models already on the market!

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is one very good reason why Korg needs to update both the 1000 and the 700.

The reason has nothing to do with any defects or shortcomings in any PA model.

That reason is Yamaha.

They have much newer models in the SX 900 and 700 not to mention the Genos.

They also have just released the SX600 and what do Korg have in this section of the market, an ancient Pa 600.

Now who are going to buy a Yamaha instead of a Korg?

The answer is simple, the Army of Arranger users who take a look at the age of the available models see that both the 700 and 1000 were announced mid 2017 and hence they see models getting old.

Like it or not an Arranger is for the home user or a one man/woman artist yet even then they are limited.
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
There is one very good reason why Korg needs to update both the 1000 and the 700.

The reason has nothing to do with any defects or shortcomings in any PA model.

That reason is Yamaha.

They have much newer models in the SX 900 and 700 not to mention the Genos.

They also have just released the SX600 and what do Korg have in this section of the market, an ancient Pa 600.

Now who are going to buy a Yamaha instead of a Korg?

The answer is simple, the Army of Arranger users who take a look at the age of the available models see that both the 700 and 1000 were announced mid 2017 and hence they see models getting old.

Like it or not an Arranger is for the home user or a one man/woman artist yet even then they are limited.

I think that I disagree...

I did not know about the PSR-SX600 until you mentioned it, so I researched it at Yamaha's website and other places.

I do not think that Korg has anything to worry about when comparing it to the PA700/PA1000. The XS600 is more like an updated PSR-S670 but with a color screen and a few features ported down from the SX700/SX900.

What it should prompt Korg to do though, is to come out with a PA400 so they can directly compete with the SX600. The PA700 clearly outclasses the new Yamaha PSR-SX600.

Korg should adopt the Accent and Unison features though, as I could see those really getting use with a lot of users Smile

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
pa600fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First it was pa1000 vs psr s970
Then pa1000 vs psr s975
Now pa1000 vs sx900

Do you see where im go8ng with this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: