Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best way to copy sub timbre to main?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
metalplated

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Best way to copy sub timbre to main? Reply with quote

Narioso wrote:
metalplated wrote:

couldn't you just use program fetch? Save the main layer your working on then switch to sub timbre, use program fetch to recall the main layer you saved. should work I think.

Thanks, but it's the other way, getting a sub to main.

I tweaked some sub that I liked so much that I wanted to use all 8 voices on it and have as main. AFter doing this a couple of times I felt the need for a quicker way to do it than go through and setup every knob setting as preset and copy panel to main and then go through settings too.

Looked for some copy thingy over to main but did not find one.

But fixed with my utility that swaps from sysex dump instead, works really well.

So the main <--> sub function in the edit menu does not do this it only switches its playing position on the keybed? It doesnt actually load the sub into the main position?

The preview of subs is excellent and well done by Korg, just missed the other way too - FETCH TO MAIN.
Narioso

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Best way to copy sub timbre to main? Reply with quote

metalplated wrote:

So the main <--> sub function in the edit menu does not do this it only switches its playing position on the keybed? It doesnt actually load the sub into the main position?

No, it only tells which is to the left when doing split.

It's a cool idea you had either way, letting that swap and just disable sub and you are there what I asked for - all previous sub parameters are now in main.

Or a firmware update could just extend with a new function after FETCH for swap main/sub everything. But Korg did an awful lot of new good stuff in Prologue firmware, maybe no more is coming.
metalplated

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: Best way to copy sub timbre to main? Reply with quote

Narioso wrote:
metalplated wrote:

No, it only tells which is to the left when doing split.

It's a cool idea you had either way, letting that swap and just disable sub and you are there what I asked for - all previous sub parameters are now in main.

Or a firmware update could just extend with a new function after FETCH for swap main/sub everything. But Korg did an awful lot of new good stuff in Prologue firmware, maybe no more is coming.

I feel like they need at least one more good update. There are still some bugs and functional things like your sub to main request that could be added very easily. I would really like to see modulation mix and LFO mix added like the the wet/dry for the reverb and delay. Multiple destinations for mod/pedal/LFO. LFO target for delay and reverb time would be cool. mod/pedal settings per layer. EG target shape options/ LFO one shot. As much as I love this thing there is room for improvement. Other synth makers have given their customers firmware updates that improve functionality massively, I think Korg can manage to add some of the user requests people have had. Most of us waited for a year for them to fix the tuning issues patiently. They should give us a little something. Most of us that are fans of this piece will gladly upgrade to the Epilogue if and when it drops too, I know I will.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: