Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

very important question about the drum track

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wocongming

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:44 am    Post subject: very important question about the drum track Reply with quote

once im done recording the drum track, lets say on track 1... how is there a way to then seperate the drums completely so i can send each individual drum as a WAV file instead of the drums as a whole on 1 track taking into consideration that i will be using most of the 16 midi tracks for other sounds. thanx IN advance
pete.m

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could do with some clearer details, I think. Where are you trying to send each individual drum, and for what purpose? When you say that you want to send a WAV file, do you mean a WAV file that is a recording of (say) what the snare does for the whole song, or just a WAV sample of the snare sound itself?

There is no way to solo an individual drum sound on a track, as far as I know. Think of it as being just one note in a program, the same as C2, D2 etc on a piano program.

What you could do to isolate one individual drum sound is to copy your drum track on track 1 to another track. Then, on that new track and using the shift/erase function, you can erase all the sounds below and above the relevant key to leave yourself with the individual track for that drum sound. From there, you could make a WAV file.
Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, more details about what you mean by "send" would be helpful.

If you're talking about sending different kit pieces to different internal FX, the Kronos is well set up to do that. You need to edit the drum kit in Global mode. You can send the snare to IFX1, the toms to IFX2, etc. In addition each kit piece has its own volume, pan, EQ settings and you can control the MFX send levels individually too. A lot of the Kronos drum kits are already set up with lots of FX routings so there are good examples to start with.

If you're talking about rendering song length stems of individual kit pieces to process in an external DAW, it can probably be done but I don't think Kronos has a very convenient workflow for it. Pete's idea is good. If you're going to do it often, I'd consider making copies of the drum kit program, each with a different kit piece soloed (again in global mode, turn up the volume of the kit piece to solo, the rest at volume 0). Then when you want to render the kick track, switch the drum kit program to your copy with the kick drum soloed, sample the track, rinse and repeat. Either way though, I think it'd be pretty tedious.
wocongming

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:14 pm    Post subject: hey guys sorry if my question was vague. i figured it out! Reply with quote

basically my intention was to be able to BOUNCE to DISK to WAV file individual drums of that track to be able to send those WAV files to a studio so they can use them for our album. I figured one way would be (if its simply just 1 sound on one key)to just set the range of that track for lowest note C2, highest note C2(if the drum sound is on C2 for instance). then make that track solo and only that drum would be heard for the entire song in order to bounce to track and make that WAV file.!
Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that would work too. So you have three approaches. I’d be interested to hear which is fastest if you try more than one. I’m guessing the one you described might be the quickest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: