Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Sound Libraries Summer 2020 Sale just started
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightbringer wrote:
Yep, KRS-02 is really cool so far. What I love about these synths like MOD-7 and STR-01 when they’re programmed well is the sheer timbral variety and amount of expression within a single patch from velocity, AT, vector joystick, etc. This bank is not disappointing me in that regard.

Also like how he managed to get some very warm analog like sound from MOD-7.

Are there other banks out there like this one, from Korg or the 3rd party designers that go deep on these synths?

cool ! glad you enjoy it. Such a great price for all the programming.

This is the only high level/large variety MOD-7 / STR-01 I have found.
Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s interesting there haven’t been more expansions based on these synths in so many years. So many of the sound packs seem to be sample based. I feel quite certain the sounds that MOD-7, STR-1, and AL-1 can make have not been exhausted.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightbringer wrote:
. I feel quite certain the sounds that MOD-7, STR-1, and AL-1 can make have not been exhausted.

I noticed that , too.

I have been harping on the lack of development , at a high level, of these great sound engines. Tons of potential. But little to show, for the past 5 years.

I think I understand why. Have my theories.
MarkNZ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:06 am    Post subject: Size of second SSD drive for Korg Kronos 2 Reply with quote

Hi guys

Like many of you I want to take advantage of the sale at the Korg shop for
extra sounds. Problem is my internal drive is full. I read somewhere a while back that the drive size should be no more than 64gbs to be compatible. However on this forum someone loaded in a 500gb drive which he says works fine. Does anyone know if say a 120gb drive would be ok? Thanks in advance. Mark
kid_nepro_2002
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightbringer wrote:
It’s interesting there haven’t been more expansions based on these synths in so many years. So many of the sound packs seem to be sample based. I feel quite certain the sounds that MOD-7, STR-1, and AL-1 can make have not been exhausted.

I've made sounds for every synth engine except for STR-1. In addition to our sounds being on sale at the Kronos store, we are also running a "Buy one and get one free" sale at the Kid Nepro site. More info over here:

https://www.kidnepro.com/KN/Korg/Kronos/Kronos_Main.html

Just order any sound library and include your free choice in the "comments" section of our "desktop" order form. If you order at our mobile site, just send us an email with your free choice when you send your PayPal payment.

If you have any questions just let me know.

Proton Cool

New Sound Libraries For Korg Synths

Last edited by kid_nepro_2002 on Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
tunaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Size of second SSD drive for Korg Kronos 2 Reply with quote

MarkNZ wrote:
Hi guys

Like many of you I want to take advantage of the sale at the Korg shop for
extra sounds. Problem is my internal drive is full. I read somewhere a while back that the drive size should be no more than 64gbs to be compatible. However on this forum someone loaded in a 500gb drive which he says works fine. Does anyone know if say a 120gb drive would be ok? Thanks in advance. Mark

I’m running two 250GB SSD drives on my K2 73. I know there are several who have used 500GB drives as well.
Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kid_nepro_2002 wrote:
I've made sounds for every synth engine except for STR-1. In addition to our sounds being on sale at the Kronos store, we are also running a "Buy one and get one free" sale at the Kid Nepro site. More info over here:

https://www.kidnepro.com/KN/Korg/Kronos/Kronos_Main.html

Just order any sound library and include your free choice in the "comments" section of our "desktop" order form. If you order at our mobile site, just send us an email with your free choice when you send your PayPal payment.

If you have any questions just let me know.

Proton Cool

Oh, ok, cool.. thanks for letting me know. I’ll take a look!
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Size of second SSD drive for Korg Kronos 2 Reply with quote

MarkNZ wrote:
Does anyone know if say a 120gb drive would be ok? Thanks in advance. Mark

Hi there, I cloned the original on a 250 GB and everything works perfectly.
MarkNZ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Size of second SSD drive for Korg Kronos 2 Reply with quote

KK wrote:
MarkNZ wrote:
Does anyone know if say a 120gb drive would be ok? Thanks in advance. Mark

Hi there, I cloned the original on a 250 GB and everything works perfectly.

Thanks for that, both Tunaman and KK. Excuse my ignorance here but are all SSD internal drives compatible for the Kronos. There's many brands to choose from and the prices vary enormously so I imagine not all SSDs are created equal. Obviously I want something good that will last.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Size of second SSD drive for Korg Kronos 2 Reply with quote

MarkNZ wrote:
There's many brands to choose from and the prices vary enormously so I imagine not all SSDs are created equal. Obviously I want something good that will last.

Yep, treat your Kronos with good components. I chose Samsung 860 EVO - excellent quality and fast performance. Bought two, a 500 GB for my 8-year old PC which since then boots and runs much faster (it had a conventional hard disk before) and also a 250 GB for the Kronos. After testing, I found that my Kronos also boots 17 seconds faster than the original SSD when I use the entire RAM available (before = 2:33, now = 2:16).
tunaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with the Crucial MX500 - they seemed to get good ratings from some of the folks who had upgraded.
MarkNZ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:37 am    Post subject: Re: Size of second SSD drive for Korg Kronos 2 Reply with quote

KK wrote:
MarkNZ wrote:
There's many brands to choose from and the prices vary enormously so I imagine not all SSDs are created equal. Obviously I want something good that will last.

Yep, treat your Kronos with good components. I chose Samsung 860 EVO - excellent quality and fast performance. Bought two, a 500 GB for my 8-year old PC which since then boots and runs much faster (it had a conventional hard disk before) and also a 250 GB for the Kronos. After testing, I found that my Kronos also boots 17 seconds faster than the original SSD when I use the entire RAM available (before = 2:33, now = 2:16).

Thanks again KK. I am striving to future proof my Kronos by getting the best sounds (particularly piano/keyboard based) on the market. Even when Korg or whoever brings out a new generation keyboard, for me to change probably would only be a sideways move. This is the first board that I have owned in 30 years that I can't fault in regards to limitations, shortcomings or weaknesses.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: