Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos X running 3.1.3 missing entire bank of INT-A Programs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lagunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:49 pm    Post subject: Kronos X running 3.1.3 missing entire bank of INT-A Programs Reply with quote

I have a Kronos X that wis running OS 3.1.3. I just noticed that my INT-A bank of Programs is completely empty and only shows "Init Program" for all the programs in this bank. To be honest, I'm not sure when this happened as I usually only play sounds I've added to my Setlist.

Any idea why the bank would be empty? I'm assuming that this bank should be filled with sounds because my INT-B through INT-F Program banks all have sounds.

Also, does anyone have the Program list for the Kronos X? I'd like to check my other banks to make sure they have the correct sounds.

EDIT: I found the Kronos X sound list at https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/manual/0/79/2386/. It appears that my program banks are screwed up. Any idea why or how this could have happened? Should I expect for my INT- program banks be the same as what is in the original program list?

Thanks in advance for your help.
pete.m

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would first check that INT-A is working correctly by loading up some sounds - maybe just copy some over from another bank - and then see if they are still there next time you power up. I can't see any reason why they wouldn't be if the other banks are working. I would hope that, if the other banks are fine, there isn't a specific problem with the memory itself. I could be wrong, of course.

Since you have a Kronos X, you have 21 program banks rather than the seven you refer to. I presume that everything is okay with them.

From memory, there is a button that allows you to initialise a whole bank. It might be that you've accidentally hit it and deleted that bank at some point in the distant past. For that reason, it's always best to take regular back ups of your PCGs from time to time.

As for your list of sounds not being the same as the factory sounds list, that suggests two possibilities to me. One is that you bought the Kronos from a previous owner, who had altered the original factory presets. That is entirely normal - if anyone bought mine now, they would see that the programs on my Kronos are at least 95% different to the factory PCG, because I have created my own new sounds and imported lots of PCG sounds from elsewhere over the years. The other possibility is that you have owned it from new, but have loaded in or swapped around some sounds some time ago.

Hope this helps sort it out.
Lagunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject: RESOLVED! Reply with quote

pete.m,

Thank you so much for the fast reply! I went into the /Factory folder and reloaded each individual sound bank from I-A to U-E which seemed to have restored it back normal. I also reloaded the Combi banks since it appears the mapping on those was also incorrect. After reloading all the factory banks that fixed the problem.

I'm not sure why or how this problem occurred in the first place but am happy now that everything is back to normal.

Thanks again for your help!
tunaman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may have something to do with it:

“PRELOAD_V2.PCG includes updated CX-3 Programs in banks I-A and U-C, highlighted on the following pages, which take advantage of the new CX-3 features in KRONOS system version 2.1. All other data remains the same; for a full list, see the “KRONOS Voice Name List.")”

This is from the Preload VNL PDF located at the following URL:

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/manual/0/79/2387/
tunaman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you updated the thread while I did a little research. Glad it is sorted out.
Lagunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting. That does seem like a logical reason for the bank program changes. I'll have to go in now to see if after my reload I have the new CX-3 sounds. If not, will need to figure out where those programs on on the Kronos HD to reload them.
rei0429

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upper right menu→Initialize Program→All Program in current bank→OK

I often did this momentum touch instead of [Load required samples]
and guess you did touch like that.
DT5000

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:27 pm    Post subject: Missing programs too Reply with quote

Dear all, same here. New to Kronos and while comparing the voice list in the manual, I not only have some entries in different order but many progs seem missing. When looking at the items on the preload folders, they too are missing the items I am looking for. For instance, per the owners manual, Bank INT-A EXi [Programs] A008 should be “Against all Odds” and all the way down to B127 contain popular hits. All those are missing on my unit.

If this is something I should be able to download and restore, I’d strongly appreciate some details on where and how to.

Many thanks, guys!
rei0429

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT5000

You are probably referring to the newer version of VNL(included in newest OS updater. it's confusing).
Original VNL linked in first post of this thread is for Kronos/X.
you need to purchase soundpack at korg shop for new sounds
DT5000

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Rei. Even when looking at the third-party sound-packs on Korg.com, I found no reference of the voices (programs) mentioned. Per the VNL, there are dozens of popular hits from the 80s and 90s preloaded on the Kronos. Plus, I find it strange that I would have to purchase a number of items that are listed as preloaded voices on the owner’s manual. Btw, I am running OS 3.1.3 which I think is the latest.

Any pointers are again, appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: