Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obliterated Combi on KRONOS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolfiebear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:29 am    Post subject: Obliterated Combi on KRONOS Reply with quote

Hey, Im newly returning after crippling illness Of 3 years.....Still crippled but trying to play again...

I seem to have obliterated a COMBI but I suspect it’s still there I just don’t know what I’ve done to it.

It’s showing up in user 16 as some kind of an init, and honestly I don’t know what inits (or banks) are all about. I never used them before.

can somebody take pity and help me figure out what I did to this new found lovely voice that I’ve now managed to lose?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back. Hope the music helps to uplift the spirit and soothe the difficulties arising from being unwell.

Have there been any expansion libraries installed? These could have changed the order or location of Combis, or overwritten them. Might you have tried to load an alternative Preload .pcg file, which specified a different order for the Combis?

If you can remember even part of the name of the wanted Combi, it's possible to use the Search function, by tapping on the magnifying glass icon near top right of the screen.

If you can't remember the name but remember the category of the sound, try using the category list, by tapping the category popup at middle top of screen in Combi mode.

Init Programs and Init Combis are just essentially blank storage locations, and Banks are a convenient way of holding 128 Programs or Combis in each bank. Think of them as files and directories. The Banks could be considered to be a carry over from previous Korg keyboards, and the concept works well enough for me most of the time.

Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to Voip’s great advice, do you by chance have a recent back up of your files saved on a USB stick? If you do you might find the combi there. Good luck.
Wolfiebear

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HARP STRINGS AGE NOUVEAU is the sound I want to rebuild.

Back ups are gone
Wolfiebear

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to have written over it somehow, so I thought I could just manually rebuild it...... and then I need to make new back ups .

Yes, it does soothe the soul some… That’s the idea… But it’s frustrating as well when the fingers and arms don’t work like they used to....but Rome wasnt built in a day, and where there’s a will there’s a way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: