Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Random tempo drop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RichardNZ

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:52 am    Post subject: Random tempo drop Reply with quote

Hi Have had a triton extreme for long time now. Wondering why when playing in pattern play it randomly drops tempo to 40BPM even if touch screen tempo is not even highlighted Sad

The other thing i was wondering is can you use an external controller to mix the individual parts rather than selecting tracks, touching an adjusting with slider, instead do via midi.

my poor ole keyboard is getting a bit thrased (replacing buttons) would like to sample and send to volca sampler. Lot of questions but i want to look at a different way of making my music at the moment im manually timing a jx305 with my extreme and playing a bit on an alesis quadrasynth, bit backward but heaps of fun.

Any ideas? Very Happy
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be a noisy tempo potentiometer. Try turning the tempo knob backand forth a few times and leave it in centre position. See if that helps.

RichardNZ

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi cheers for a response. With the triton being a touch screen you have to highlight the tempo then adjust with a single slider which is used for multiple purposes. it works well on any other assigned parameter. Might have to be confined to studio use. But will look at having cmos battery changed again. Wondering if an imported sampe may have had a virus or maybee its just getting to that age. Will never let it go though still love it!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the Pattern Play tempo affected by the Arpeggiator Tempo knob?

What is the value for temo shown in the Pattern Edit tab in Sequencer edit page P6? Does this value change when playing the RPPR?

I suppose there is a chance of something becoming corrupt in the Triton operating system. Restoring the factory settings might be a solution. As always, backup the data first!!

RichardNZ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi cheers. Will look into that, get the manual out!. Am getting some button repairs undertaken so may ask for slider to be looked at as well. Will try the other options first, havent tried restoring to factory settings, so will go through a process of attempted elimination. Very much appreciated to have a fresh set of ears as limited knowledge round shops here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: