Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG G1 Air, Keybed reliability

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pianos (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEtzwane

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:03 am    Post subject: KORG G1 Air, Keybed reliability Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm new member and no past history with KORG keys, so sorry i can't provide any value to this forum Smile.

Instead i need your valuable help:
I'm coming from a bad experience with a competitor consol digital piano in the past 2 years , with lot of dead keys problems and couple of warranty repairs for those.
Now i decided now to replace it with a different brand piano, and i'm oriented to the G1 Air as it sound good enough for me, ithe action feeling is good enough too and the price is not too over the edge like other japanese brands comparable piano.
I'm just concerned about the keybed reliability, i don't want to end up in the same situation of the previous piano.
Any experience about the G1 Air keybed (RH3) performances over the time ?
Any dead key problem ?
I found some old discussions related to RH3 dead keys problems , but nothing recent.
I'm a hobby player, around 4 hours per week, mostly classic pieces, no "hammering" on the keys.

P.s.
No 3rd hand information or theories, only 1st hand stories appreciated.

THANK YOU !!
Gastel
MuratE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gastel,
I would highly recommend the Korg G1 Air. I bought one around two months ago and I am extremely happy with it. As you might have seen from my other shares, the G1 have excellent sounds and excellent keybed action. It really is a pleasure playing it.
During the two months, I have had a minor issue with a key. The sensitivity was not as same as the rest so sometimes it sounded louder than the rest while playing a piece, obviously that was off-putting. Upon contacting Korg, they replaced the unit immediately with a new one. They were excellent, better than you can ever imagine. The new unit has been great.
I also play classical and have been playing for around 37 years (I am 46). I was really worried before I bought the digital piano, for similar reasons to yours, I am always worried to pay all that money and end up with a piano with issue/s. BUT, I would say, definitely, go and buy a nice Korg G1B Air. (The B stands for the newer version, the only difference is that the B has a back panel.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Murat
GEtzwane

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MuratE wrote:
Hi Gastel,
I would highly recommend the Korg G1 Air. I bought one around two months ago and I am extremely happy with it. As you might have seen from my other shares, the G1 have excellent sounds and excellent keybed action. It really is a pleasure playing it.
During the two months, I have had a minor issue with a key. The sensitivity was not as same as the rest so sometimes it sounded louder than the rest while playing a piece, obviously that was off-putting. Upon contacting Korg, they replaced the unit immediately with a new one. They were excellent, better than you can ever imagine. The new unit has been great.
I also play classical and have been playing for around 37 years (I am 46). I was really worried before I bought the digital piano, for similar reasons to yours, I am always worried to pay all that money and end up with a piano with issue/s. BUT, I would say, definitely, go and buy a nice Korg G1B Air. (The B stands for the newer version, the only difference is that the B has a back panel.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Murat

Thank you Murat for the reply, as you got the unit replaced due to key random velocity seems to me the G1 keybed quality is at no different level level of others brands at similar price level,not really a point for decision.

Gastel
MuratE

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gastel,
You might have missed the point of my response. I don't think you can find any keyboard on this earth without a minor issue; either it is a velocity issue, or a key making a clicking noise etc etc. My point is, based on my vast experience in keyboards and digital pianos. The Korg G1B Air is great and even if (although a small possiblity) you had an issue Korg will rectify the issue very quickly. I think the most important point I'd like to make is the quality of the piano sounds and the keybed action; it really is great.
Please do let me know what you ended up buying and your thoughts.
Cheers,
Murat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pianos (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: