Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG Stageman 80 - Tripping?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
davekalbach

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:20 pm    Post subject: KORG Stageman 80 - Tripping? Reply with quote

I wasn't sure where else I could post this, and a search for the Stageman 80 didn't yield any results.

I have a Stageman 80 that I use as a drum machine and to play backing tracks for guitar.

I recently tried a backing track to a piano song, so I had to turn it up just a little bit. I'm at about 70% volume during playback and the unit appears to "trip offline" or reset. It goes back in to a power up cycle.

I assume this is some sort of overload protection, but it's honesty not all that loud. The Stageman was designed for use on stage, this shouldn't be occurring, and certainly not at 70% volume.

Any ideas anyone?

I am playing a mixed down backing track comprised of 8-10 instruments, but again this shouldn't be a factor. Its not processing individual tracks, it merely acts as a Audio Player playing a wav file.

I did reach out to Korg, but i'm not sure I will hear back from them on this.

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If using batteries, check that the battery terminals and contacts are clean and dry and the batteries are fresh. If that isn't the case, or doesn't solve the problem, then it's most likely to be due to an internal fault in the circuit, possibly a dry joint on a component or on a cable connector. Printed circuit boards inside speakers tend to be vibrated quite a bit in use. If it's still under warranty, contact Korg to arrange repair or replacement.
davekalbach

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - Not on battery, but I will check that the battery compartment is empty.

Its not new, but not old either - probably 18 months or so, so I doubt there is any warranty.

I'll keep experimenting. Thank you for the feedback (no pun intended)

Dave

davekalbach

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
If using batteries, check that the battery terminals and contacts are clean and dry and the batteries are fresh. If that isn't the case, or doesn't solve the problem, then it's most likely to be due to an internal fault in the circuit, possibly a dry joint on a component or on a cable connector. Printed circuit boards inside speakers tend to be vibrated quite a bit in use. If it's still under warranty, contact Korg to arrange repair or replacement.

Thanks VOIP (Genius)

Simplest Solution First - The Power Supply had pulled away slightly from the power cord, so it WAS running on batteries. Kicking offline when the output was too great for them.

ALL FIXED now

Thank you for making me check Smile

-- Dave

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: