Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flexible ipad stand.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:28 pm    Post subject: Flexible ipad stand. Reply with quote

I am looking for an ipad (tablet) stand that i can attach to a microphone stand..
Its important for me that i can pull the stand towards me, move it left/richt and change its angle on the fly, while the ipad stays in stable position when i touch it.

Something akin to those retractable TV and monitor stands, but then fit for an ipad, and not wallmount but mountable on a microphone stand.

Any advise is welcome.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mechanical considerations would would not favour such a device. The weight of an iPad (1-1.5lb) cantilevered away from a mic stand, together with the weight of the cantilever/shelf system itself, would cause most mic stands to topple, once a certain positional extent was reached, plus the requirement to keeop the iPad stable in each position would require a locking mechanism, adding extra weight. A modest, close to the mic stand, iPad shelf is OK, and there seem to be several different types available (search for e.g. VonHaus tablet mount), but anything having a decent reach would need to be mounted on a fairly substantial foundation, unless it had an elaborate counterbalancing mechanism.

Search for UGREEN tablet holder - see if that could meet your needs.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
The mechanical considerations would would not favour such a device. The weight of an iPad (1-1.5lb) cantilevered away from a mic stand, together with the weight of the cantilever/shelf system itself, would cause most mic stands to topple, once a certain positional extent was reached, plus the requirement to keeop the iPad stable in each position would require a locking mechanism, adding extra weight. A modest, close to the mic stand, iPad shelf is OK, and there seem to be several different types available (search for e.g. VonHaus tablet mount), but anything having a decent reach would need to be mounted on a fairly substantial foundation, unless it had an elaborate counterbalancing mechanism.

Search for UGREEN tablet holder - see if that could meet your needs.

The mic stand is part of my K&m stand(table model) its being held in place by 40kg of keyboards..

But i see your point for a stand alone mic stand.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: