Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Switches 1/2 as trigger for tracks status on/off

View previous topic :: View next topic  
piercarlo.azzone

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:57 pm    Post subject: Switches 1/2 as trigger for tracks status on/off Reply with quote

Hi guys

I have created a combi an now I'd like to switch on and off some tracks of this combi depending on the crescendo inside a song played live with my band.
Is it possible to set switches 1 and 2 in order to change 3 different configurations in the same combi?
I need 3 different levels of instruments in a song and I need to change the set very quickly without stopping the sounds of the previous set.

Example:

Intro
TR1 Play
TR2 Mute
TR3 Mute
TR4 Mute
TR5 Mute

Bridge
TR1 Play
TR2 Play
TR3 Mute
TR4 Mute
TR5 Mute

Chorus
TR1 Play
TR2 Mute
TR3 Play
TR4 Play
TR5 Play

Restart from intro.

If not, I think the only alternative would be creating 3 consecutive combis, each one containing a specific on/off set, and pass through each other by INC and DEC buttons...

What could you suggest?
I've posted the same question on Facebook groups, but no one knows an answer...

Thank you!
piercarlo.azzone

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the answer is here:

https://www.kromeheaven.com/krome-stuff/krome-sounds/120-fede-piano-strings-combi-sound

I haven't checked it yet, hope I'll can tonight.
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Switches 1/2 as trigger for tracks status on/off Reply with quote

piercarlo.azzone wrote:
Hi guys

I have created a combi an now I'd like to switch on and off some tracks of this combi depending on the crescendo inside a song played live with my band.
Is it possible to set switches 1 and 2 in order to change 3 different configurations in the same combi?
I need 3 different levels of instruments in a song and I need to change the set very quickly without stopping the sounds of the previous set.

Example:

Intro
TR1 Play
TR2 Mute
TR3 Mute
TR4 Mute
TR5 Mute

Bridge
TR1 Play
TR2 Play
TR3 Mute
TR4 Mute
TR5 Mute

Chorus
TR1 Play
TR2 Mute
TR3 Play
TR4 Play
TR5 Play

Restart from intro.

If not, I think the only alternative would be creating 3 consecutive combis, each one containing a specific on/off set, and pass through each other by INC and DEC buttons...

What could you suggest?
I've posted the same question on Facebook groups, but no one knows an answer...

Thank you!

I think I have a answer for you but will need to change the route of programs a bit:
Make two groups of sound to can switch on/off using the Limiter or Compressor trick:

1.You can switch the sounds (programs) to On:
Default status "off " mean sounds routed to Limiter, Gain Adjust (db)-Inf. SRC:SW1(CC#80) Amt: +40db (or so)

That mean a group of programs routed by this Limiter will switch from Mute to Play.

2. You can switch the sounds (programs) to Off:
Default status "On". Rout the programs to Limiter, Gain Adjust: 5 Db, SRC: SW2( CC#81) Amt: -63.

That mean all the sounds routed by this Limiter will switch from On to Off.

This is a solution for two switches. Maybe will can manage the tracks to have three status as you need .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: